1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Signs you were gay as a kid?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Burnedcloset, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Burnedcloset

I think everyone has atleast one thing they did as a kid that seemed "gay". Let's share some story's.

Right before I started to have attractions at around 10. I would try to impersonate Dr. Phil and I would say "my names Dr. Phil. I will help you with your problem. It's OK to be gay!"

Now coming from a homophobic family that got me a lot of weird stares

I tryed on my moms shoes once to cause why the f:***: not lol

2. moonwalk

I loved glitter. A lot. Glitter on posters, glitter on my face. Total stereotype though lmao

3. AlamoCity

I played with Barbies.

Though, by "played," I mean that I liked to pop the head from the socket and even cut the arms with scissors and bend the knees till they broke. I think I was an evil child :lol:.

4. duende84

I wore my moms high-heel shoes and used her sewing machines.

5. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :eek: Er, yeah, that probably wasn't a sign that you were gay... could have pointed to something else though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Poor Barbie! I had a bit of a thing for Ken, so there's my early warning sign. :lol:

6. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Played with my sister's dollhouse, had an Easy Bake Oven, liked playing dress-up with my mom's clothes...I even once said a young male newscaster on TV was "pretty".

There were many stereotypical signs that I was gay and my parents guessed from an early age that I might have ended up being gay--well, they were right -_-

7. robclem21

I don't think an easy bake oven makes you gay. Those cookies were pretty damn delicious... but I digress.

I don't recall any behavioural signs, but when I look back at some old pictures they were pretty flamboyant. In fact, I don't know how anyone missed that.

8. Mith

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I was a tom boy ad a child, even if a played with girls' toys too I prefered boys' ones, and when I was 11 (when I started to choose my clothes by myself) I dressed like a boy, I liked boy's clothes more.

9. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I loved wearing long sleeved clothes that complete covered my body from head to toe... I liked to look a little spidery at times.

10. shinji

shinji Guest

Well, i had a long bright blond hair when i was little, people thought i was a girl. The fact that i hanged around with girls, since boys were kind of rude and mean to me, didn't help matters. But this was back in the early days, when i was ~5-6 years old.

Fun fact, around this time, i got my "first kiss" from the girl, that would later (few years ago) turn out to be representing our country in a beauty pageant. She later broke my heart, but... hey. Memories! Her sister was kind of into me, but never did get if it was serious or more of a brother/sister kind of thing. I mean, i hadn't even started school by that time, how was i supposed to have any idea about these things.

Anyway, barbie dolls! They were interesting... I mean, purely from a scientific standpoint. My own toys usually had little to no articulation, yet the barbie dolls of this girl i used to visit, had soooooo much articulation. So naturally i wanted to play with them, and she was all like "dafuq, those are my dolls, gtfo".

11. Alyss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I tried mom's heels too :slight_smile:

Also had fantasies of being woman.

As boy I was very sensitive and cried often in case of any failure or threat.

So other boys, also some teachers and sadly my parents simply ostracized me :frowning2:

Surprisingly I wasn't into dolls that much, I preferred typical boy activities like cars, excavators, airplanes, swords, guns, LEGO bricks and so :slight_smile:
    I wasn't aggressive like typical young boy, rather was calm and mysterious what was suspicious too:slight_smile:

12. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had an obsession with the spice girls and used to practice their dance routines with my best friend. Then we used to get tired and resort to playing "barbie doll crashes"...

13. Kristina5

as long as I can remember I have always wanted to play with the girls! I have worn women's clothingfor many years even under my guy clothes.although born with one male part, I have always felt female.

14. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've never really thought about this before but I guess there were probably quite a few signs.

I remember I liked to try walking around in my mom's shoes as a toddler. I know at one point when I was little I liked playing with dolls. I used to have this toy kitchen that I liked to keep immaculate. My mom used to have me look through catalogs to get ideas for Christmas presents and when I was around seven years old I insisted on getting this rock tumbler thing that polished rocks and allowed you to turn them into jewelry.

I'm also pretty one of my parents was teasing me once about some girl I knew being my girlfriend and I said "maybe I'll marry a boy." I would have been very young when I said this though so they probably didn't think anything of it at the time. I'm sure at some point they have to have considered the possibility that I'm gay though.

To my parents' credit I don't think they ever discouraged anything I wanted to do or force me to stick with masculine interests. There were plenty of those too though, particularly sports which I played a lot of up until high school.

15. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, in kindergarten, We had a dressing up thing, where we would dress up during recess and play house. I was always the first one to go for the long blue dress, and matching high heeled shoes. I was thought of as a really weird kid, since im biologically male. :grin: Always played the part of a woman. Always danced like a girl. always knew that i liked guys and girls. I would play with barbies and other dolls at the daycare center. And glitter and sparkles. Oh the glitter and sparkles were EVERYWHERE :lol: I guess, in a way, my being genderfluid was also evident as a young age too.

16. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Action man>Barbie
    I never liked the colour pink :slight_smile: xx

17. Mickz

Hated Pink.
    Always wanted boy thinks like guns, swords, cars etc.
    I loved playing with a pellet gun.
    I hated and still do girly fashion.
    Always loved pretending I was a boy.
    I realized I had attractions to girls too at a very young age so I can;t really remember the signs but those are some ones that rang bells.

18. Fantie

Fantie Guest

Staring at muscles. Female fantasy. Prefering girl over boys as friends.

19. PurpleGrey

When I was around ten or so (it was summer, so I have no real idea) I would dry hump my friends and we would give each other lap dances. It was a strange time in my life. And yet I still convinced myself that I was totally straight.

20. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is more gender nonconformity because I didn't really consider gay or liking boys as a possibility until a year or so after puberty. \

I liked Lisa Frank stickers, had "girlish" handwriting, briefly did some crochet with my male best friend (he came out as gay in college), had mostly girls as friends even though I never dated any of them. I was very artistic/musical and not very sporty (I did like running and soccer). I was and am a total mama's boy. That said, my dad is a total wuss and overly emotional, which I never was (I was the quiet stoic kid).