1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do straight people have misconceptions?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PurpleGrey, Nov 6, 2014.

1. PurpleGrey

So, we all know some misconceptions about all of our own situations, the femnazi lesbian, the sex-crazy gay man, the confused bisexual, the interchangeable transvestite/transperson, the attention-whore pansexual and genderqueer person, etcetera etcetera...

I like making lists, I'm sorry.

And straight people...like football? Have boring sex lives? What are the stereotypes of heterosexuals?

Yeah, I know, getting all planet of the apes about shit is dumb and cliche, but whatever, it amuses me. :rolle:

2. Hexagon

Yeah, often. I wouldn't want to repeat them though :wink:

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Is the question "are there malicious stereotypes about heterosexuals?" Sure let's start with how they use the state to FUCK everyone else over! (Binary trans folks who are straight are cool though.)

4. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Sure, there are generalizations about heterosexuals. They're all homophobic, straight guys are more likely to be assholes (I even heard this one from women- hence why they fetshize gay men as friends), all straight guys are masculine and dominant, straight women are feminine and submissive, they have boring sex lives, etc.

Some of these stereotypes aren't even caused by gay people, but by other heterosexuals and heteronormativity itself. Which is why I feel sorry for straight people who tend to have a more 'queer' expression

5. Shaded

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Straight Men have to be Macho and show no emotions :lol:

6. C P

C P

In regards to this, particularly the bolded, the big misconception that they don't show off their sexuality; the misconception that they tend to have about themselves.

I won't ever get how they can constantly talk about what they like/dislike about the opposite gender in terms of attraction, how they can look at media(c'mon, what makes up a HUGE chunk of this?), etc. and seriously be that oblivious/naive. Ya know, the ones who'll see one mention of something lgbt and cause a scene about how lgbt people are shoving stuff down their throats.