1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exchange Programs?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Zak, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Zak

Zak

Well there are these german kids in my school, they are doing an exchange program, and I really kinda want to do one my Jr. year. I want to either go to England or Spain or somewhere where I speak the same language. I don't know much spanish, so prefribly England. Do you guys know any good exchange programs?

2. biisme

3. Fiorino

4. BeautifulStranger

Look for a scholarship first (I'm studying abroad right now and that's how I did it; via scholarship)

And if not, look at YFU. They have an exchange to virtually anywhere.

5. Amy

Amy

rotary!

i cant remember the url, but just google "rotary international" and youll find it.

i know 4 of the french students who came to my district last year, and they loved it.

6. devushka

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I went to Russia last year through Rotary. It's great: really affordable and run by volunteers so there's a sort of nice "good samaritan" vibe to the people who run the program. I had a great year.

7. VomAnderenUfer

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I just wanted to make a quick comment: you won't catch the chance often to so easily jump into an entirely different culture and learn another language. Go for something exciting. You're not necessarily supposed to speak the language fluently before you go; it'll come while you're fully immersed.

(Spain!)

8. Amy

Amy

exactly! one of my friends from france knew 5 things in english when she came here. within months she was fluent. you should to go wherever you want.

9. Nodnarb

We've got quite a few this year. One from S. Korea, two from Japan, one from Tanzania, and one from Indonesia. We were going to get one from Germany, but she went to a school in Omaha:frowning2:. I love being around them while they're still learning English, or trying to adjust to our culture. Some of the things they say are just so cute:slight_smile:

10. Amy

Amy

i know! our german student tried to help me with translating word problems into equations and she asked "what is this? a...jar?". it was adorable. ^.^

11. Nodnarb

I talk with Nobu (one of the girls from Japan) every day during 5th hour. Pretty much every day she says something hilarious. The best was yesterday, when she says "I perfect. Yes, I perfect. More perfect than Akani." (Akani is the other girl from Japan) We were all laughing so hard. It was great:icon_bigg