1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parents that you're not related to?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexandra Lily, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Alexandra Lily

I'm gonna start by saying, no, I am not referring to adoption, though that could easily be included here. The ones I'm referring to in my case, are people who treat you as if you were their own child. I have two people who treat me as if I were their own child. If you have any, I'd love to hear about them. Here are my two mother figures.

My real mother: The woman who messed up my birth. When I say she messed up my birth, I mean that she made me be born as a boy, when really I should have been born a girl (I'm working on becoming said girl). My mother is the greatest woman ever in my eyes. She is easily the only reason I am still alive. She cares for me every day, and does everything she can to keep my happy (Going to Pizza Hut in a few hours :eusa_danc ). I don't know where I would be without this woman.

My best friend's mother: My best buddy, name of Kieran, is my greatest friend ever. He is supportive of my choices in life, such as my bisexuality and my upcoming sex change, and he became supportive of that with the following statement. "I became friends with you, because you are funny, interesting, and we have too many common interests to count. I didn't become friends with you, because I thought you were a straight guy. You could be homosexual, bisexual, asexual, or anything else, such as male, female, both, or neither, but you know what? You're still you, and that's why we are friends. Go get a sex change, go get a same sex marriage, I'll be at that wedding. Just be happy". His mother is of the exact same opinion. (She also feeds me when I visit them, that's pretty cool too)

Like I said, I would love to hear about any of you who have a second mother or father that you are not actually related to. There's a section for replies down below. Type a message and look at that reply button. You know you want to press it. You know you want to :icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg

2. Burnedcloset

Just wanted to put it out there that your friends is incredible wonderful. I honestly got a little teart eyed reading that.

3. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You are blessed to have friends like this. Never let them go.

As for me, my parents are incredible. But other than that, there's no one else I really look to as another parent.

4. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^

---------- Post added 7th Nov 2014 at 11:36 AM ----------

But yeah. I've got an additional mother, I suppose. She's actually my mum's best friend, and her son is a good pal of mine.

But she's always looking out for me. I text her more than anyone else (I understand how lame that is, and what it says about my social life.), and she's always taken a genuine interest in my hobbies. She lends me books often, and sometimes she'll invite me over so that we can spend the day cooking up grand meals and talking. She makes me feel valued, and I think that has got to be one of the best gifts a parent can give their child.

5. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

When I was growing up, I remember wishing I had my best friend's mother. I suppose I only really saw one side of her, her public side, but she was nice, attentive, and subdued. Staying over felt stable, I hated leaving.

Grandmother feels more like my mom than my mom ever did.

6. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I have two sets of parents, mine and my friends next door. They're all an interesting bunch of people over there and in many ways complete me and help me out in ways my own parents can't or don't know how to. No offense to them, my parents are great as well, they just aren't as socially aware

7. Blossom85

That is like my best friends mum and dad, they are just amazing and very supportive and my best friends dad even got all protective and went off at this guy who was staring at me or making fun of me because of my disability when I was out with him and my best friend. It made me feel very loved to know I could count not only on my own parents, but also my best friends parents too. They have always been there for me as well and I spent a lot of time at their house when I was growing up.

8. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Growing up I was very close with my best friend's parents, particular his mom. I had a key to their house, helped out with a bunch of stuff that only family would typically get involved with, went on some of their vacations, etc. I haven't seen them in a few years now but amazing people. :slight_smile:

9. Quiet Raven

That was so beautiful. You are extremely fortunate to have people like that in your life.

But as for parrents... All I have are my blood related ones.

10. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Basically the two sets of landlords I've had. The first was an old 80 year old retired librarian from a little place called Altadena, California (okay, it's north of Pasadena and LA, so not very hidden). She's lived there all her life, and it was great to hear her stories and show the house where she grew up in. But, I only knew her for a few months, so our connection was brief. I consider her like a nice grandma.

The next set were my landlords in Salt Lake City, a truly remarkable couple similar to my parents' age. They were very kind to me, and it was cool learning how they had worked their way up from two young lovers (the husband worked on the railroad; the wife did service jobs) to starting college in their mid-20s and then law school, all while raising their daughter. The husband became a tax lawyer, and the wife eventually became a judge. He taught me carpentry and building a wooden stand for my archery target. She was adopted and taught me a lot about battling depression in the last few months I was with them. They are so inspirational to me, and I can see they have a very special marriage and bond. I want what they have. :slight_smile:

11. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

I have three moms. There's my mom. My best friend or "baby sister"s mom, or as I call her my momma. Then there's my third mom who was a teacher of mine from high school. We became really close, and she's always there for me and protective.