1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Game of Life - Marriage STOP Tile

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by skwidge, Oct 4, 2008.

1. skwidge

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just thought someone might enjoy this little story :icon_bigg

I was playing the Game of Life with my boyfriend and little sister (10 years old) in the lounge, with mum sort of watching but also reading a newspaper and watching the TV.

Mum knows I'm gay, and she knows that James is my boyfriend. My sister doesn't know I'm gay, and thinks James is just my best friend.

You know the part of the Game of Life where you have to STOP and get married? Well, because I was playing with my little sister, I put a pink stick in the car next to me when I got to that stage. And then James gets to the Marriage STOP, and he puts his blue stick in the back seat and the pink stick in the driver's seat (he decided that his wife was going to be his chaeffeur lol). Next turn, my sister arrives on the Marriage STOP, she goes to get a blue stick to put in the car beside her, but mum slyly suggests "Why don't you get married to a girl darling? Haha." My little sister thinks this is a fantastic idea, and grabs a pink stick and puts it in the car next to her own pink stick with a little chuckle. So then me and James give mum a quick look of disbelief before trading in our pink sticks for nice blue ones :lol:

I was amazed at how sweet with it my sister was, she didn't think anything of getting married to a girl instead of a boy! She ocassionaly says things like "that's so gay" but I don't think she has really linked "gay" to "same sex relations" if you know what I mean? She just says it cos that's what all the big kids say. I think she would be stoked if she knew me and James were together, cos he is her favourite out of my friends hahaha and one of the first comments mum made after I told her me and James were together was "You will have to fight your little sister to keep him hahaha."

Oh dear, my family :roflmao: so yeah, I hope you enjoyed my funny little story.

#1 skwidge, Oct 4, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  2. Fiorino

Aww-that's cute!!
    ^^

3. Tim

Tim

That's adorable XD

I played Redneck Life with friends (Life, just redneck edition <_< Don't ask, rofl), and it was with their kids too, who don't know I'm gay, (the parents dont want them to know, apparently it will cause too many questions <_<) Anyways, it said "Choose you gender and roll the dice for your name" so I was like... I'll be a girl! So everyone started laughing, and the kids were wondering why. Anyways, I ended up marrying a guy (duh), and when the mom got to the marry space, I was like "Guy or girl?" And she's like, "I think I'll be a lesbian." To the kids, it made them crack up. XD

4. skwidge

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hahaha that's hilarious Myzou ^^ I'd be a little concerned if my mum decided to get a wife lol, but kids are so funny... Life, redneck edition :confused: rofl! What next?!

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    That is adorable! It sounds like your sister would be fine with the truth! :slight_smile: In fact those little guys can be really good allies.

6. Amy

Amy

^ once again... ^

...i agree with becky

thats so adorable!

7. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You've got a good sister, there. Hold on to her.

8. aaaaaa

aaaaaa Guest

Cute story-- it sounds like when you decide to come out to your sister, she'll take it fine. :newcolor:

I always dread the "get married" part of the game... one of these days, maybe I'll just come out to my friends by playing Life and choosing a pink figure as my spouse. :grin:

9. skwidge

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Haha that sounds like a great way to come out :lol: When I know the friend is going to be sweet with me being gay, I like to play around with them a bit by making heaps of really gay comments, and they get all confused cos I'm supposedly straight. It's quite entertaining :icon_bigg but I'll ususally put them out of their misery pretty soon and tell them lol

And thank you everyone else! I know my lil sis will be fine with it, but I really don't know if she will get it? She probably will though, but she is the biggest goss on the planet so everyone on her school bus will know the next morning XD and I don't think all the locals need to know right now, they can wait a few months till I go off to Uni to find out :icon_bigg

10. Psychedelic Bookmarks

That sounds really cute! If I were you, I'd find some way of telling her, she sounds as if she'd be stoked!!

11. Janvier

That story is so sweet !!
    You sister is really cool :grin:

12. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Cutest thing EVER.
    I'm traveling back in time to give you mom a big cheer and a hug!! (*hug*)(!)

13. Derek the Wolf

:slight_smile: good story. I remember playing Life after I came out to my mom. I asked for a spouse and she said "you want a pink one right?" And I said "it really doesn't matter to me..." It was an interesting moment.

14. Nodnarb

Awww....That's so cute.

Last Christmas I was playing Life with some of my family and my cousin (he's 5 or 6) had to get married, and he put a blue figure in the car next to him. The rest of us just laughed and went with it, but grandma was like "No, no Tanner. Boys are supposed to marry girls. Switch the blue one with a pink one." He protested a bit, but he ended up changing it....

15. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

Ohh thats cute and so cool wish my sister would do something like that but she dead set against gays.

16. Enaithor

Awww that's great!

17. TyraBanksIsFierce

Lol, I always put a whole bunch of pink people in the car when I get to that stop. It's the lesbian partey-bus :grin: