1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Do You See In Your Dreams?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ZenMusic, Nov 8, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

A bit weird, but I have some very long dreams. Sometimes I imagine living alone in a Forest or an Island somewhere, and the sky always looks like it's going to rain. But I'm...content. What do you see?

2. shinji

shinji Guest

Myself, floating in darkness, and these... "thoughts" flying all around me, like bubbles/clouds, and each time i reach and "touch" one of them, i am taken back to an old memory, literally, standing there... looking from a distance, as to how the event have unfolded.

Me, in a huge labyrinth of corridors, each with a door, and behind each door, there is something waiting for me, a dream, a memory, someone who i think about. And at the end of the corridor, there is this huge (think Fullmetal Alchemist) gate, that holds/contains all the darkness in my heart. I usually find myself, sitting in front of said door, allowing the shadows to creep up on me, gazing into the abyss, to remind myself, that even though it's safely locked away, it is still there, and it slowly oozes out, and i have to occasionally check up on it.

In situations where go overboard with sweets due to depression and stuff like that, dreams turn less lucid and more... "brain, throwing random stuff at me". Like, people say that dreams are always based on something that we've seen, at any point in time, but... seriously, i find myself in places, that i've never seen, doing stuff that i never even imagined possible. Flying trough the skies, only to suddenly lose your ability to fly and drop... no thx. It's like, being on a rollercoaster, waking up with a headache, drenched in sweat, and your heart beating as if you were at the edge of an abyss...

Dreams are fun...

Let's talk about relative time when dreaming!

My fastest was...a whole lifetime, in the span of ~20 minutes, lucid dreaming, after deciding to sleep in some more.

Slowest, me entering a room... just this, a whole night...for this.

3. The Janitor

Kansas City (such originality for a city name)
    Out Status:
    Some people
    All of my dreams involve me dying in some way. I haven't ever had a good dream, nor have I ever remembered a dream vividly for years. I usually just see black and then wake up. I'm just fine with my dreamlessness now.

4. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't had a dream that I remember in probably a month! So, idk.

5. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Things that I don't have. It sucks

6. Hexagon

Mainly, just dreams involving real life situations that don't work out how they're supposed to. For example, I'll be in college, but it will be a day I've never experienced before. However, I once dreamt I went to the future in a train. Horrible future, really.

7. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Weird stuff. Sometimes it's pretty mundane though. Like I'm going to school and I realize I'm a term late. That's a common one, probably had that same dream every night up until term started.

8. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Usually, if it isn't something totally ridiculous, then it'll be about me, in some shape, form, or fashion. I've had dreams where, it's from a first-person point of view, so, I don't know how I look. Others, I have had in third person, where I can appear as I actually do, or as my ideal feminine frame. Sometimes, I am nowhere to be seen in a dream, and I'm just witnessing others, elsewhere.

My dreams, in terms of topics, range from very outrageously silly to downright horrifying. All topics are covered, hopes and failures, happiness and anger, love and violence, good and bad, and so on and so forth. I have seen destruction and death in dreams, and other times, I have seen production and life in dreams. I have been famous, down on my luck, great, horrible, any and every thing, really.

I have been killed, and I have killed. I have been a victim, and I have been the one victimizing. I've been a hero, and I have been a villain. I have walked the line, leaned to one side or the other; enforced the rules, or broke the rules. I have dreamed of being such fictional individuals, as Freddy Krueger from A Nightmare on Elm Street, Fox McCloud from Star Fox, Magneto from the X-Men, even Chun Li from Street Fighter or Princess Kitana from Mortal Kombat. I have dreamed of being conquerors, all throughout history, like Hannibal or Napoleon, and succeeding where they failed. Sometimes, it is myself, who is recreating a particular event or scene.

Like me, my dreams are expansive and complex. Sometimes, I like them, other times I love them. And yet, at times, I have been humbled or disturbed.

I'm sure, the inside of my head, would be an overwhelming, but fascinating, study.

9. Ashley2103

Either I am in the dream, or watching the dream. Most of the time I will have nightmares. The dreams usually seem like a whole day, because so many things happen in one dream.

10. Burnedcloset

I have mostly positive dreams. When they are nightmares it's really horrifying thoug). (possession, murderers, scary clowns)

11. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Usually,they're from a third person point of view. I'm always watching myself. Im usually in addream where im predicting the worst possible outcome of my coming out. Always getting thrown out, beat up, and losing all of the family i have left. its either that one, or im watching mysef die. Still really depressing either way.

12. Rosalynn

I have the weirdest dreams. For example, once I dreamt a that I, along with other people I somehow know but don't, were going on a great quest (the purpose of which I didn't know but somehow it made sense.) We somehow were walking along a path at school and ended up standing on top my parents bed. We found a suitcase under the bed that had some sort of food in it. Everyone ate the food except me, then they all turned into babies. I woke up. I also once had a nightmare about elephants. In it my mum was a washerwoman (which she isn't) and she wanted me and my younger sister to go away so she could get some work done so we went to the elephant zoo. All the different elephants were into glass cases built into the walls and me and my sister walker around looking at the skinny, wiry elephant and the fat round elephant and the elephant snakes (living trunks with no elephant basically) until finally we got to a case with curtains drawn across it so you can't see what's inside. There was a plaque beside it which read something like: "The Ugly Elephant, which can kill people with its ugliness" and so I'm like, "we'd better not look at that one, it's too ugly" and the BOOM!!!! The curtains are open, revealing a disgusting looking elephant, who takes revenge on me for that ugly remark by killing me with its ugliness. Then I woke up. I had never been more scared of elephants in my life.

There is also this reaccuring dream I have where I am crossing the road and I hear this car coming only a couple of seconds away but the faster I try to go the slower and more clumsier I get. I end up falling over and not being able to get up and so I just end up crawling to the gutter and lying there as the car wizzes past. I also get this dream where I am being chased by a giant crazy animal and after what seems a lifetime of running I turn around and beat the hell out of it.

I also get this nightmare where me and my family and a bunch of other people are at home and suddenly a car drives up and everyone goes crazy hiding in the first place they can find. He (no idea who he is) searches the house and the first five people he finds he takes (this dream happens every six months and seems to follow chronologically with real life) I have no idea what he does with them but it can't be anything good. Only once I was caught and one of his henchmen marked me with blood and kept me close as they searched for others. Luckily I managed to escape.

Sometimes I remember that I'm dreaming but I can't control the dream itself, only how I affect it. For example, I can't disappear wherever I am but I can teleport elsewhere. Sometimes I can smell or feel or taste things (but for the strangest reason, everything tastes like licrorice) but other times I am completely blind. I used to be able to fly but can not any longer. I can always, always breathe under water and resist mesmerisation.

That was quite the speech. But you asked.

13. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have dreams that are sometimes very disorienting and recurring.

The one I had last night was that these recycle/garbage men and women were writing the names of dead people on our recycling bins and sadistically laughing. I got creeped out. The house I was in had tons of windows, but I was living on my old street but a different house with my folks. These workers started scaling the walls on the outside. I was trying to find a place to hide and could hear my mom but not find her in the house. There was a hole in the floor, so I had to be careful not to fall in. I woke up right before they could get in.

I often have dreams of being back at my old job where I got fired from last year for being absent too often. They somehow let me back in, and I am happy to see my old co-workers again.

I have many sexual dreams regarding men and women. A lot that are not detailed but more confrontational of my sexuality and everything. These dreams have been much more frequent since coming out.

I have bully dreams with different jocks messing with me. Some are even from college. I was never bullied in college, but they will grab me and won't let go. I don't know if it is sexually related or not.

I will frequently dream of being in grade school and knowing I don't belong there.

Occasionally, I can control my dreams if I try really hard. Make things or people go away. Get rich and actually control people's thoughts.

My dreams are very often symbolic.

14. Chocolateaddict

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    my dreams are involving most of the time a reality, what's going in my life, what I'm stressed about or sometimes just stupid things!

A month ago in my dream I was meeting the cast of Orange is the new black (there was Bette, tina and Leisha Hailey too weirdly) and I was having a love story with one of the cast member problem I couldn't see the person's face!! Like Freud said my dreams are very cripted by my mind or whatever you know!!I love dreaming though!!

The only weird thing that had happend to me was making the same dream over and over every night! I was lying down in my bed (but somehow i could see myself in the reality i think)and in the dream I could feel someone coming next to my bed so I was thinking I had to scream but my mind was telling me that i couldn't scream or talk that it was useless, but i told myself that i could try and i would open my mouth and fight the feeling(a kind of force) that was keeping me from screaming and scream and wake up, then I would try to sleep again but right away when i would close my eyes I was feeling that thing coming toward my bed again so wouldn't sleep....

#14 Chocolateaddict, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  15. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had rather colourful, interesting, intriguing and amorous dreams last night. A certain girl kept showing up in them...then there was this other person who seemed an amalgam of a few different people all wrapped up in one - a combination of my fictional character, actress Willemijn Verkaik, and that certain girl I just mentioned. My dreams also contained the Criminal Minds cast for some reason, even though I haven't watched recently. Some parts of my dreams were a bit of a fantasy that was an extension of a conversation I had the day before with that girl. Very surreal and vivid and I wish it was real. :grin:

16. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    All my dreams I have are somewhat relistic. Is would be weird in real life, but definitely could happen. Like my last dream I was sitting on the bathroom floor (ew) in my highschool, with my highschool "friends". Weird, but possible :lol:

17. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Being murdered, strangled or drowned.
    Being outwitted by some form of higher intelligence.
    Betraying my friends, my friends betraying me.

My dreams suck :frowning2:

18. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

All kinds of crazy shit

19. whatsyourdamage

They're usually along the lines of me being invisible or not being noticed. It's always in a place that I desperately want to be noticed, usually camp. Pretty much how I feel when I'm awake except not all in my head.

20. anonym

anonym Guest

Since I've been on anti depressants, I have really bad and crazy dreams. I have a recurring dream that I missed my college exams, even though I finished them around 8 years ago. I also keep dreaming about scenarios which haven't actually happened where I am challenged or attacked for being trans.