1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do 'boobs', panties, bras and the like scare you? Or any other gender related things?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by HuskyPup, Nov 8, 2014.

1. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK, this is a totally weird question, mainly for gay men, though anyone can chime is, by all means.

I was thinking the other day: For whatever utterly irrational reason, I'm sorta scared of breasts. If a female hugs me and I feel them, I find myself instantly pulling away, and, well, kind of scared. Almost like a panic. People have even teased me about this. It's mainly if they touch me, but sometimes, even seeing big ones in pictures scares me.

The same goes if I see things like bras and panties. Like, if there's some in the drier, and I touch them taking them out, I get kinda freaked out. If I have to touch a pair of lace panties, I almost recoil like it was a spider! And this is nothing against panties, or panty lovers, of any gender. It's just there.

Now this is not because I am afraid of women, as half my friend are female, but I was thinking: Maybe it relates somehow to some traumatic experiences I had with a few females in particular. And no, this did not 'make me gay', and yet, I have these odd fears/aversions to certain 'female' associated things that have been very constant/pervasive.

anyone else have similar feelings, even about the opposite things, or any other things associated with gender? Are there perhaps females who have the same feeling when they see a jock=strap, or whatever else may be classed as more commonly male? (not to say women don't wear athletic supporters, just trying to think of some example.)

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: Do 'boobs', panties, bras and the like scare you? Or any other gender related thi

Them themselves don't bother me, but I still get anxious when they, for whatever reason, get brought up in conversation, especially around straight guys. I don't want to flat out lie, but I don't want my reactions to out me as gay :/

3. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Do 'boobs', panties, bras and the like scare you? Or any other gender related thi

Nope, they don't bother me--I'm essentially indifferent to them. While breasts and women's underwear might arouse my straight friends, they just do nothing for me, but that doesn't mean I'm put off by them. I don't even seem to notice if I'm being hugged or anything. Though I did meet a lesbian once who said the idea of erections freaked her out -_-

And this coming from someone who has been sexually harassed by a female before (after I already had been identifying as gay, so obviously that didn't "make me gay" either) but it still hasn't made me bothered by these things.

4. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

Lol yeah I agree with Mintberry here, women's underwear literally does nothing for me. Haha I'm just like whatever if I see it or have to take it out of the dryer. I mean it's a little awkward to talk about but I'm not freaked out by it at all. Breasts on women are usually okay, but don't really do anything for me haha. Sometimes I don't really like women naked cause their boobs look all weird when they aren't held up lol. But hugs are nicer with girls cause its so much softer there XD

5. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

That is actually my exact reaction to getting hugged (by anyone).

I'm bi though, so... :lol:

-------
    Although, with regard to your "traumatic experiences," I can actually relate and say maybe there's something too that. My social anxiety most definitely stems from being constantly bullied for being socially awkward.

#5 Browncoat, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  6. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I sometimes have that reaction, too, just in general. But with breasts, especially big ones, I get more panicky feeling.

I guess this is just one of those weird things...still, I wonder what's behind it? I am thinking it's because in my life, I have known some very mentally abusive women, and am actually living with one now, after we moved in with some 'friends' to save money. It's odd, the sides of people you see, when you have to live with them. But it existed before this, though now, things have come to a boil, living in a place I'm increasingly scared/uncomfortable living in, but also being scared, and not having $/credit/good references to move out very quickly...will have to look for some other friends, I guess??? And I also wonder: Why do I seem to have 'attracted' abusive women? I mean, do I have some hidden desire to be abused, or something? Maybe it comes from my mom, and childhood? This is so confusing.

~

On a humorous note: For Halloween, as opposed to going to a Haunted House, I could just walk into any Victoria's Secret. =p

#6 HuskyPup, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  7. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

Hugs are great from gals and dudes though :slight_smile:
    My friend Dom and I hug it out like bros XD

8. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

Strange, I know gay men who are terrified of vaginas, but usually they're curious, neutral, or even obsessed with boobs. And the stereotype is that you guys are experts when it comes to fashion, female included!

9. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I'm even more terrified of vaginas!

OK, here's an odd thing:

We went to the county fair, and saw some pigs, and this mama pig was nursing all these piglets, and it was SO cute. And then, we saw some goats getting milked, and they had huge udders. Oddly, this didn't make me the least bit nervous, but with humans, it's different. Maybe 'cause I never have lived with emotionally abusive hogs and goats?

10. SomeLeviathan

I'm pretty ace so I'm fairly indifferent.

11. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

It's probably because you're a furry :lol:

12. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

:lol: I dont think I belong on this thread

13. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people

Scare? Nah, not at all -- they just don't really matter to me.

14. C P

C P

None of the stuff you listed in the title 'scares' me, but I can agree that I tend to find the physical contact of, say, girls hugging me to be pretty freakin' awkward, and on occasion slightly uncomfortable. It's an 'Ehh...can you please let go of me now?' kinda feeling. :-l

This is wayyy too true for me, too.

Whenever I'm around [straight] guys who tend to go on and on about boobs and stuff, I get pretty damn nervous that they'll try to include me in the convo, which often happens. I freak that my reaction(attempting to hide my disinterest) will come across as phony and cause suspicion. :icon_eek:

15. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

I probably don't count because I do like some girls and I try to avoid being seen as a girl, but I sometimes find vaginas repulsive and boobs too (if they're large and saggy). I don't know if I could ever do oral for a girl. It may disgust me too much.

16. The Janitor

Kansas City (such originality for a city name)
    Out Status:
    Some people

I'm interested in almost anything that could be cinsidered sexual. I've worn pretty much anything from straight up biker gang clothing to nothing but red lace panties. (Because I don't look bad in anything).
    Also, I'm turned on by any parts one may have.

17. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people

LOL. I like boobs as well as bras and panties. Just never had a girlfriend where I could see them very often. I hated them when I was a young kid just because girls' undies were icky. As a teen, I admit to trying on bras and panties before when my mom kept them in my room prior to them going to Salvation Army.

18. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

I don't really give a damn about sex specific things to be honest. I really could not care less.

19. Notlad

No. I'm comfortable around all of that stuff, oddly enough.

20. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Oh it doesn't scare me persay. But man, I wouldn't willingly walk through the lingerie section. I don't mind boobs or the feminine body. I just don't really get the appeal of panties/bras. Guess it's a little different when you're mostly attracted to guys and you had to wear that shit growing up.