1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have any of you acheive lucid dreaming (voluntarily)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Straight ally, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    I dont mean people who get into lucid dreams involuntarily and then have problems to get out.... I mean the kind of lucid dreams people have voluntarily in order to:

> explore their unconcious mind
    > flying
    >having sex
    >practicing skills or knowledge
    >meeting hour heroes
    >therapeutic experinces
    >etc

Have any of you done this with success, what have you acheived, how did you acheive it ?

Lets talk about this, im interested

2. Hexagon

No, unfortunately, though I once did it very briefly by accident.

3. Burnedcloset

This

4. Hexagon

The moment I figured out I was dreaming, I woke up.

5. Burnedcloset

I got to fly around for a little bit, it was so awesome. Maybe you'll do it again one day, you never know.

6. Hexagon

Yes, this thread has me all inspired. I think I'll try it.

7. Kabuki

I've had a couple, mostly sexual based. :lol: Though I can try to induce them, I sometimes try too hard that I end up making my dream into a loop. It's so hard to get out of it!!

8. Shaded

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I tried it for a while, even with Binaural beats and different techniques but couldn't do it.

9. The Janitor

Kansas City (such originality for a city name)
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can understand that I'm dreaming sometimes, and force myself to wake up, but I can't control my dreams.

10. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think I've ever forced a lucid dream. Sometimes I sense myself waking up near the end of my dreams and they turn lucid. I run around several times in a circle and that stops me from waking up for a short time. I've heard that playing video games can increase the frequency of lucid dreams. It probably also helps that I do a lot of psychodrama.

11. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I've never bothered. As soon as I realize I'm dreaming I just try to get the hell out of there.

---------- Post added 9th Nov 2014 at 03:43 PM ----------

Oh, and even if it's not lucid, there used to be a time when it was less common for me to be grounded in a dream than to be able to fly. Also whenever I see myself I'm a woman.

12. Yosia

Yep. And it was too realistic, in the dream, I moved house, and when i woke up in my real house, i literally was thinking 'eh?' it took me a while to realise it was a dream. This has happened more than once though, some dreams being dreams a realised were dreams, but some, like before, were deadly realistic which left me confused.

13. Ryujin

I always make the effort for a short while to train myself to induce them and then forget about it.

14. WearyWanderer

I accidentally did it once, but not voluntarily. It was weird. I was in this haunted house, and there was this possessed car or something after me. But at the same time, I knew I was dreaming and was in bed. Like, I felt myself in bed, but also in that house. So then I heard an engine revving up behind me, so I continuously slapped myself until I woke up fully.

It wasn't one of my weirder dreams, but it's up there.

15. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Yes, I used to do this all the time, it was an easy ability.

I still do it occasionally.

16. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes. I read about it when I was 16 and thought to myself 'this is something I might be able to do' seeing as I was usually able to tell when I was dreaming anyway. Pretty soon after, it started happening naturally with little if any effort on my part.

For me there is a certain time of the day and a process that allows it to happen. Usually late morning to early afternoon, when the sunlight is streaming through the windows (also dependent on seasons) and I'm sort of tired but not heavily and I'm on my back. I feel myself start to drop off. My eyes blink slowly and my vision gets hazy and unfocused, when it starts to double I know it's close. Then once my eyes are closed I will myself to 'move' (like an OBE, although I'm not really sure if I believe in the Phenomenon of leaving the body, or if there is another explanation) usually upwards but sometimes sideways, exiting the room. From here I can visit dream locations of my choosing. Sometimes I fly, or go to some alien landscape, or on an adventure, sometimes generate a person to have sex with but I often find that just like with regular dreams there are obstructions, like not being able to find a place to have it without being interrupted by others.

I don't get much oppourtunity to experiment with it nowadays, though.

17. Formality

I'm not sure what lucid dreaming really is but it sounds kinda pseudo-spiritual-esque. All I can say is I've had a few severe hallucinations when I've been very fewerish. Every time I've had the feeling like I was gonna die.

Also, every once in a while my dreams (especially in the morning) seem very real, like as if I can almost have an effect on what's going on.

18. MissMiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    no but when i do achieve it its involuntary and if im dreaming about sex the person sleeping in the same bed as i may want to take up residency on the couch because im pretty sure i have sexsomnia episodes :icon_redf

19. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Sometimes. Usually, it happens when I drift off to sleep, while meditating.

I can't control everything. But I can, if I do achieve lucid dreaming, control myself. A good example is, I once had a dream, about being surrounded by a few individuals. These individuals would throw daggers at me, and while I could move and dodge them, nothing I could do, could stop those individuals.

I must say, a vast majority of the time, when I do achieve lucid dreaming, it is somewhat limited, as mentioned before. But also, the dream tends to be, or take, a darker turn. Very rarely, have I had, what I'd consider, a good dream, where I had semi-control.

20. mini nerd

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have achieved it about 4 times and its cool. I can control the dream but the world has been the same every time. This weird flat world where its divided into sections representing the elements. Its cool and all but I cant ever figure out how I get into that state. I just do.