1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is a question for everyone here in same sex relationships...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MusicIsLife, Oct 4, 2008.

1. MusicIsLife

How did you do it?!

I feel like I'll never meet another gay girl as long as i live, and im terribly lonely. Not just for romance, i mean for friendship too.

2. shakerdancee

Hmm. I think being totally out is what did it for me.

3. Luck, I was invited to my friends band's gig out of town and almost didn't make it to the bus in time.
    I met a guy there and we hung out all day and night.

4. Vampyrecat

Well I'm only sort of in a relationship at the moment - but I've been waiting a looong time. I've had a total of one official girlfriend the whole year and a bit I've been out. My current one is too scared to tell her parents she's bi - so we're not official - but it's assumed that we won't go out with other people.

And I think it just takes a lot of time and patience. Don't worry. You'll find someone. :slight_smile: (*hug*)

5. I met my first real girlfriend, now an EC member lol, at school, and my other main-relationship-non-fun type relationship at an LGBT group. I met my current going-to-be-girl at school....

Being 'out' really helped me find relationships though, the only relations i had before i came out was with a childhood friend lol.

6. Beth

errrrm nothing easy with any of my relationships.i dont seem to just go out & meet girls like some ppl do.
    the girl i'm with now when we first got together we were hanging around in the same group of friends at school & then she kinda knew i was gay (shes not btw!never looked at another girl in all her life lol) then we got closer & we both went on holiday at the same time & when we came bk we'd obviously missed each other & were all "errrrm i kinda like someone but i duno if they feel the same" & the txt read "if its me you like then i feel the same but if not then ive just made a real twat of myself!"
    & then we just sat up chattin all night at her birthday sleepover...

erm another girl i went out with we were hangin out just writin silly notes to each other at college & gettin on really well & we wrote down like 10 facts/secrets
    one of hers was "i like two ppl at the moment...ones a guy & ones a girl"
    so then i played the whole thing where i tried guessin everyone except me

do u go to gay bars or bars that have gay nights or whatever?
    cuz i was amazed when i went there lol
    & then a gay girl at work that i got close with took me to a big gay club one night & ive never seen so many lesbians
    then i went to gay pride
    erm then i moved to go to uni & researched the gay bars & wahey theres one right round the corner & ive never walked up to a girl in my life,god knows what i would say & what if she said no?! but the girls just seem to come over lol
    & ive joined the lgbt thing so i'll see what thats like on tuesday
    but really, a few months ago i wasnt goin to bars & clubs & things so there wasnt much lesbian attention in my life so seriously get yourself out there

7. MusicIsLife

I dont go to bars, its not my scene, but im gonna try and start going to the lgbt teen meetings we have here, so i hope that'll help.

Thanks everyone for the responses!

8. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I met Markie through the contact adverts in a gay magazine. That relationship lasted 16 years.

I'm using some of the gay dating websites now, with not much luck so far. I'm also visiting our local gay pub more regularly. Sooner or later it will happen, hopefully...

9. No One

ugghh i know how you feel im so alone my school is like homophob centeral grrrrr

10. Jim1454

I met my bf because I was willing to help him through his separation from his wife. I wasn't looking for a relationship. So sometimes you just need to put yourself out there and help others. Joining a LGBT youth group is probably the best thing to do.

11. ashira

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I feel your pain, sweetie. I've never been in a serious relationship with a girl, and Im really really longing for one. I mean, I am like so totally in love with this girl katie but shes fawning over her ex and i can't seem to do anything about it. and i really want to be with her.
    and then there is this girl jenna i met online who is just like...intoxicating. i dont know why.
    so now im uber confused.
    *hugs*
    you;ll meet some one though. just put yourself out there or if you're not, then...maybe just..well i dunno. =[ sorry that was lame advice lol

12. Chris

I know a gAY GUY BUT HE'S WAY TOO OLD FOR ME! Hey, i have an idea! since there are so many of us that are looking for someone whether it be a BF or GF we should have a hookup thread or thread catagory, anyone agree? Mods, would it be against the rules? I know i'm very lonly! i want to meet someone but well there's the fear of coming out, besides EC. But it would be nice if the mods could look into it.

13. HighintheClouds

How about www.#######.com anyone?

I used that website and I'm now sorta in a relationship (we're waiting till the end of the exams before finally going official).

I like it because on that website you just get the feeling that people are just more sincere in what they want.

Only problem is you have to be 18 (but I'm 17 and I admitted that in my profile and so far nobody's kicked me out =P).

14. Enaithor

I don't have a boyfriend so technically I can't help but I figure you would have to be completely out to do it.
    Also, some areas have more LGBT people than others
    And there are always dating websites

15. Brandon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Found my boyfriend on a message board that "Other" website. We've been together for almost two years now. All it takes to make the relationship good is communication and willing to put 100% of effort into it. Also to make it difficult, we're in a long distance relationship and we're still going stronger than most relationships that last a couple of months.

16. aaaaaa

aaaaaa Guest

I'm afraid I can't be of much help--I myself have never been in a relationship with anyone else. :redface:

I really wish there was a GSA or an LGBT youth group or something nearby where I could at least meet people face-to-face.