1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

date ideas

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kat kanu, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Kat kanu

Some of us are more creative then others when it comes to dating. .. so why not share and help others out.

Just post a date idea that you planned, went on, or would like to go on

I think ice skating or going to a bistro/wine tasting would be fun:icon_bigg

2. Burnedcloset

Ice skating.....sounds so adorable lol

Idk maybe a picnic or something. I'm no that romantic.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Attending a symphony followed by a coffee in a nice coffee shop; a walk along the beach under moonlight.

4. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Out for coffee and a late evening/night museum exhibit. My second date with my girlfriend, actually, and it proved to be a success, considering she's still here nearly two years later. :lol:

Both of us are busy with life lately, but I've wanted to dress up or a little more nicely than my usual, casual attire, and go on another date again just because. Not sure what yet, but a stroll through the park, and a nice dinner somewhere would be nice, maybe followed by a performance somewhere (orchestra, play, or otherwise).

5. confuseduser99

Why does no one go on dates anymore (especially in the LGBT community)? Our generation sucks! Romance is virtually extinct. When I message guys for plans on meeting up/going on a date, almost all of them hate the idea of a "date"... Many of them also tell me things like "I'm not romantic" or "I'm not big on romance. I'd rather just have fun". Romance is SUPPOSED to be fun... I think this is why I'll be #ForeverAlone.

6. Kat kanu

Lol I want to spend every day falling more in love with who ever I end up with. ... im extremely romantic.
    I still believe in dates I want to take her dancing even if it's just in the rain. I Wana go horse back riding to a secret place and have a picnic

7. Candace

Ice skating is a good choice. It's memorable, an activity (good exercise) and you're actually doing something together and interacting, unlike a movie.

8. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hiking + picnic. Street fair/farmer's market. Wine tasting. Try a new restaurant or bar. "Hometown tourism"--go to a museum or local attraction. Pottery painting. Cook something together.

Some of these I've done, some I want to do, some I'm just pulling out of my ass.

9. Kaylen

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ice skating sounds cute :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Like Candace said, you're interacting, which is important.

A camp fire where you make food and lay down on a blanket and star gaze? I think is romantic.

One thing I have always wanted to do, and a few people have mentioned is a picnic somewhere gorgeous.

10. Hexagon

A picnic in the woods sounds nice.

11. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

Mario Kart and pizza. I think I'm tearing up just by thinking about it.

12. AlamoCity

Pack a cooler with lunch/drinks and also pack some fishing rods/tackle box and then take him to a bait shop that sells fishing licenses to get him one* (ideally, you already have yours). Then, take him to a lake and spend an afternoon fishing and talking. Also, some wood/charcoal in case you catch a fish and want to grill him some dinner.

*It will be true love if he tells you at the fishing license store, "I already have my fishing/hunting combo license." :lol:

13. Vashta Nerada

The only ice skating date I've been on, I fell and he skated over my finger :eusa_danc
    It was a good date though

14. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I went for a concert and coffee, which was nice. But, I think going for a concert/movie can be too distracting and not allow you two to enjoy each other. It does give you something to talk about and discuss aftwerward. I would prefer doing something that's less mentally engaging, like hiking, a walk in the park, or playing board/card games. That way, you can talk to each other without being rude to others. In all cases, it's good to get something to eat or drink because that's a pretty intimate act (why do you think most restaurant-goers are groups of 2 or more?). I also read somewhere that people become hungry when they're attracted to another person, so that's another good reason to get a bite. :slight_smile:

15. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Date 1. Homemade italian candle lite dinner with a side salad red wine and a walk in the park at dusk

Date 2. Bike ride around the biggest park in town

16. LittleWriter

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like romantic movies and dancing, so I would probably look and very romantic (/comedie) movie and than go dancing somewhere. Preferably couple dancing.

Or I would take a test lesson for couple dancing. :wink:

17. QueerQueen

There is a place in my city that I think would be fun to bring a date to. It's a billiards and bar place. I think some friendly competition with a date would be interesting, nothing serious or too competitive just shooting pool. On Sundays they do karaoke.. they also have some arcade games in the corner, a dartboard and a jukebox. It's right by the water so we could go for a walk or go get a bite to eat afterwards.

18. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Going to a concert together, getting completely into it and so tired afterwards we just end up crashing into bed and falling asleep together

Going to an amusement park ^^ Always a dream date. We can go on the scary rides together and buy those overly expensive tourist pictures they snap of you on the most terrifying part of each ride- just for, you know, the memories :icon_bigg

A quiet night in with some amazing movies and food and just lots of cuddles and kisses would be great too.