1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cats :3

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tim, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Tim

Tim

Ok, so a little backstory real quick, we have 3 cats, Celest (F), Spitfire (M), and Funster (F). My mom HATES cats, always did, but in the summer of... 2001 we heard some weird noises from outback, and during the night, my sister heard a horrific sound, but didn't know what it was. When we went outside a few days later, we found a litter of kittens, a girl was dead, and the mom was no where to be seen. On closer inspection, one of the kittens was missing a leg, and it looked newly done. (This was Celest). Eventually, my dad convinced my mom to let us keep them, and brought them to the vet, who told us a raccoon or older cat was most likely responsible for the amputation, and she probably wouldn't survive very long. She's still alive 7 years later though, and more active than the other 2 <_<. Funster was found a year later and my dad fell in love with her, because she was the runt of the pack. He snuck her upstairs when my mom went to give away the cats outside of WinCo (Grocery Store).

Anyways, our 3 cats are all still with us, and naturally, they want to go outside every so often, which we let them do. Spitfire used to go out for the entire day, come in to eat, then leave again. Now he spends 99% of his time inside, and the 1% time outside is just watching the yard for strays. Funster was always sick, and the vet told us she either had feline cancer or diabetes, but couldn't be sure without expensive tests we couldn't afford. Since then, she's gotten a lot better, and now she spends 99% of her time OUTSIDE, as opposed the 100% time she used to spend inside. She's lately been coming in at night on occasion though, to sleep on the couch >_> Celest just likes to go out on occasion to roll on the ground, she's become a signature house cat :grin:, and She's just so loving =P However, we have to scratch her on her side with no back leg, because the fleas like to land there, (I hate flea season here -.-) and she cant get to them. We can't use flea collars, they bite them off...

Anyways, after that little rant about my kitties, what I actually meant to post, rofl. Well, when our cats want to come in, the claw at the bottom of the door and we let them in. Never been a problem. Until a couple weeks ago. I was up a night as usual, and heard clawing on the door. I was like "wait... aren't they all in?" So I open the door, and low and behold the black cat that has latched her/himself onto me and my mom is on the door. I thought it was a smart cat to figure out that's how we open the door. We feed him/her once a day, and give new water whenever it runs out. We can't keep him/her, because it's our neighbors cat, but they don't feed it, and apparently don't let it in their house. And my dad used to say Cats choose their owners, you don't choose them. And apparently he/she has chosen us. Anyways, a couple days ago, all 3 cats were inside. No scratching. Funster wants out, so I let her out. 5 minutes later I hear scratching, so I go to open the door, and theres the black cat. She/he has learned how to wait until one of our cats goes out until it starts scratching >_>

Anyone else met any cats who are that smart as to learn like that? Lol

#1 Tim, Oct 5, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  2. steveo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yay cats! I have had cats all my life I can't remember one time that my family was living without one. The bonds you can make with animals is so amazing. I do have a couple stories about my experiences too!

First off my family used to have a Persian named Louie. He was a little very skinny cat but he was really sweet. He would come to my bed every night and sleep next to me. He also loved being in the car so we would bring him on rides all the time.

Also we used to have a cat named Tilly. She was actually two years older than me so she has really been there since I was born. In her later years when she was about 18 she basically wouldn't leave my room except to go to the bathroom and eat even if I wasn't there.

And then there is my cat Scooby. We adopted him from a shelter and according to them his Mom got ran over by a truck. He was the runt of his litter or so they said. He turned out to be our biggest cat he weighs probably 20 lbs now! Sometimes he acts more like a dog than a cat. He follows me around everywhere when he wants to be petted and if he doesn't get his way he will start biting me!

The last one I'm gonna talk about is my cat Olivia. We rescued her from inside our friend's neighbor's car when she was about 7 weeks old. She would growl and hiss anytime someone went near here cage at first. My Mom said she was feral and she wouldn't change so it would be best just to take her to an animal shelter. I convinced her to keep Olivia for a few more days so I could maybe help her and my Mom said yes. So at first I kept her in our office with the door closed and just stayed in there with her. At first she would hide and his and growl at me but eventually she started getting used to me and around the next day she would let me pet her. By the end of the second day she was sleeping on me like a baby while I surfed the web. Now a days she is just like any other house cat and I think she's just about 2 years old or so.

I love animals and could go on and on about them but for now /rant off :grin:

3. pirateninja

Awww, moar cat stories :grin:

Well, we have two cats, Lisa and Hansworth. We've had Lisa since May 05, and she's a fat black cat with white paws, a white "bib" on her front and a little white moustache. Her trick is that she waits at the foot of your chair when you're sitting comfortably, and when you go up to get a drink or something, she gets on the space you were sitting. She has also found that in these increasingly cold months, that the hot water pipes run under the bathroom, and so we often find her and Hansworth sprawled on the floor. It's very weird going to the toilet or showering when you've got two cats staring at you the whole time :grin:

Hansworth isn't really our cat. She belongs to my mom's boyfriend, Martin and she's been with us since Easter this year. She's another black and white cat, but she's incredibly fluffy. She often drags in branches to the house when they've got caught on her fur. And her special trick is to sneak in the wardrobe, so you can't see her and put her outside for the night.

4. Louise

I have 2 cats, my daughter's and my ex's. My ex's cat is a big, black, grumpy male. I don't really like cats so I never paid much attention to him coz he was far too grumpy but when his hair started falling out and his tail and bottom went bald I had to take him to the vets. The vet realised that this grumpy old cat wasn't in fact a grumpy old cat but a cat suffering from ecema and that all the scabs on him that my ex thought were from fighting were due to his very dry, sore and hurty skin... which is maybe why he scratched us every time we stroked him!

Now that I treat him regularly for his skin condition he is a new cat. He is still pretty grumpy but at least now you can stroke him without him biting or scratching you.

More about the grumpy cat. He is now living with me because my ex has left the country so Mr Grumpy has taken to weeing all over the house, he has calmed down since I bought a pheromone spray but he still likes to wee in the dogs bed!

So, Mr Grumpy will only eat certain food, not dried food, only wet food, only in jelly, only from sachets not from tins and if you don't give in he gets thinner and thinner and thinner untill I can't bare it anymore and go out and buy some expensive food example; the cat won't eat Whiskas chunks in jelly from a tin but will eat the exact same make Whiskas chunks in jelly in the little expensive sachets where he will eat 4 of them a day!!! No paté, for Mr Grumpy, oh no only chunks in jelly, not Felix, not Friskies, no cheap shop brand makes only Whiskas until he gets fed up and I have to find a new brand that he is willing to eat.

This is the cat who sulked for a month when my ex went on holiday for three weeks without him. Everytime my ex came in a room the cat would either leave or turn his back on my ex.

What happened to all the wovvely fwuffy puddy tads? I've just got Mr Grumpy or the killer kitten from hell who attacks your feet as you walk down the stairs half asleep in the mornings!

This killer kitten also loves to suckle ear lobes whilst slurping loudly so that you can't concerntrate on reading your book or hear the TV. Oh the joys of soggy ear lobes!

Ok that's my cat rant over for the day. Give me calm gentle dogs anyday of the week.