1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on Brendan Jordan?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nativeofruby, Nov 11, 2014.

1. nativeofruby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
  2. Basic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Watched part of a vid he posted on Youtube. First thought that comes to mind: Annoying

3. AlamoCity

Just wasted a couple of minutes of my life looking them up and watching one of the videos of Brendan. I agree with Basic: What an annoying person.

It may sound harsh, but he's ruining the image of gay people :lol:.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm glad you saved me the time. :lol:

5. tulipinacup

I honestly thought he werked it imo. Is it weird that he reminds me a bit of Evan Peters?

6. shinji

shinji Guest

I pity him...

People like this are useless to me, being too shallow to even have a unique character to themselves, trying to emulate others...

I get the whole "act for ratings" idea, and just don't agree with it. But since many others are doing it, it's not something i'd obsess over.

...after watching some of his videos, i can now safely confirm my original suspicion. This person is an idiot.

7. nativeofruby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yes, it really shouldn't... :lol:

8. The Janitor

Kansas City (such originality for a city name)
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Dunno who he is, looks a little creepy.

9. nativeofruby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Harsh... Though, I sort of understand.

I'm all for people not being afraid of being themselves and I admire the kid for the confidence he shows. But confidence can quickly turn into arrogance.

I sort of started this thread because I couldn't figure out if I liked the kid or not. I'm glad I got to see what opinions other had on him.

10. chrisyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    OMG. I mean OMFG.

Talk about playing to the camera.

But boy is it working for him. The views!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSsdvdB4qLY And then the strategically place heel! Come on. Really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l50fh09gtFI Truly gobsmacked. Ok he's gay but I am sat watching the videos absolutely stunned. Opened mouthed. "I'm going to give you tips on coming out" from 15 year old.

But he is 15, and I don't know his background, maybe he believes this is what he need to do to be gay. Maybe its actually him, but **** it must be exhausting...and he must get beat up ALOT. If I did that at school a few years ago, I wouldn't walk straight again.

I like a bit of camp and flamboyancy like everybody else, and actually I've nothing against feminised guys, somebody like the Matt Lush, but that's too much (Though I'm more a Jack Merridew person). And irritating.

11. 741852963

Just checked him out. He is a bit annoying to me although I try to say live and let live.

I do think the millions of views probably provide a sense of validation convincing him that he "has to" act that way to get attention (and he'd probably be right, he would probably have less views if he acted more calmly). I'm guessing he just thinks that is what being gay means, he is clearly imitating certain stereotypes: the catchphrases, the faux African-American vernacular (much like the viner Alx James uses), the head tilting, the finger snapping etc.

I say imitating as I don't think thats what he is naturally like, its more of a show or an act. Its not even as though he is simply feminine (as you'd be hard pressed to find a girl with those same mannerisms); instead its much more exaggerated, a bit like a drag queen act.

Now whilst he has the audience I say fair play to him (I'm sure it'll pay his way for a while) but I think people will tire of it (a sassy 15 year old is always going to be more popular than a sassy 25 year old). Plus I fear for the health of his neck if he keeps flicking it like that! Oh well, at least he can afford a chiropractor!

12. Shaded

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've only seen a few seconds of the interview were he danced in the background, I got a giggle out of it But After Looking him up he seems very irritating.

13. Perseus

I have this like/hate feeling towards him... I don't really think he portrays our community well enough for him to be praised. I think it would be better if he shot a video telling people that not all gay people are like this, because we're just people afterall...