1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever asked a stranger to take a picture of you and a BF/GF/partner/spouse?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AlamoCity, Nov 11, 2014.

1. AlamoCity

Have you ever asked a stranger to take a picture of you and a boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse/partner?

I was seeing photos of a few same-sex couples and they seemed to have been taken in parks and other public places and were not taken by the couples themselves (i.e. "selfie"), which meant someone else took their picture. Perhaps you might be out on a date or outing and will be alone and want a picture and might ask a stranger to take your picture. If you've done so, do you act like friends, or display affection or closeness that only happens between people who are dating (e.g. hugging between males (it seems women can get away with more and still be presumed straight :lol:slight_smile:? Do you ever feel scared that the person might be homophobic?

2. shinji

shinji Guest

Re: Have you ever asked a stranger to take a picture of you and a BF/GF/partner/spous

Two things... Delayed timer and a tripod!

I personally wouldn't trust a complete stranger with my $5000+ equipment which they probably won't even know how to use.

*thread* - Never experience something like this, since... never had a boyfriend. But, i can tell you for a fact, that if i did, i would care less (yeah, even less) about what some random person on the street thinks. I'd go full "kisses and hugs" mode for the picture!

3. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Have you ever asked a stranger to take a picture of you and a BF/GF/partner/spous

We do it all the time. It is usually pretty apparent that my partner and I are together, especially when we take pictures together. It's never even occurred to me that it might be an issue--I guess I think more about the fact that I would randomly pick a thief who would run off with my camera or phone.:lol: