1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Writing?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JakeHas, Nov 11, 2014.

1. JakeHas

Heller everybody! :slight_smile:
    So a little fact about me, I LOVE writing. I get compliments on my stories and poems all the time and it's really sweet. Now, I also consider myself an "entrepreneur" and love making money haha. So I was wondering, how can I combine them?

How can I use a skill such as writing to, well, make some extra cash haha

2. Hexagon

You could become a journalist, or submit articles on a freelance basis. You could publish your work in magazines or newspapers, or even anthologies. You could charge for writing for students (essays and such). And of course, though I feel compelled to point out that it is harder than you might imagine to make money this way, you could write novels, and publish them.

Edit: Try an ad-assisted blog.

3. Blossom85

You could possibly try writing things and maybe try submitting it to local papers or magazines etc.. It could be that you might wanna get into journalism or that kind of area.

4. JakeHas

Thanks guys, I for sure dont want that to be my primary career path (I have plans for that already) but maybe something fun as something to do on the side!!

5. SomeNights

Depends on what kind of writing you like to do. As boring as it is, software programmers are ALWAYS looking for people to write user's guides for them.

If it's non-fiction that you like, start a blog and have some advertising on it.

6. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Writing is great! If you just want a fun sideline, you could always look at getting your work published or even self-publishing with something like lulu.com, and just promoting your book to friends and online. :slight_smile: