1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im freaking out about school

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bwayinabox, Nov 12, 2014.

1. bwayinabox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So I haven't been doing well in school lately and I have no motivation to keep going. I'm going to a good school and I really don't want to get kicked out. Everyone is getting better grades and it makes me feel so worthless. Any help?

2. Notlad

The obvious answers are to study, do your homework, and stay focused in class. If you're struggling always ask for help. Plus all of the stuff online nowadays helps.

3. The Janitor

Kansas City (such originality for a city name)
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So the first thing I did when I got into college was fail the first semester. I failed five out of seven of my classes, lost my scholarship, and was given a warning that if I failed the next semester I wouldn't be allowed to enroll again.
    I was never allowed to fail before then, in high school I was simply passed to the next class. Failing that semester was probably the best thing that could've ever happened to my educational career. Not only did I learn what the real world can dish out, but I learned that college requires a great deal of effort. It prompted me to work harder, study, and get my sense of control back. Yeah, I went through the 'maybe I just don't deserve college' phase, but if one can get past that, you're right as rain.

Failure isn't a bad thing, people treat it like it is. Failure is simply the world telling you to open your eyes, get on your feet, and try again, but this time with effort. Don't worry so much about grades, don't worry at all in fact. Do what you can, put forth the effort to succeed in your eyes. You have the ability to succeed, everyone does, you just have to pick yourself up and kick into high gear.
    There is nothing stopping you from doing your best.

4. PurpleGrey

I went through the same bullshit, man. By the time I left high school, I had all Fs. Partly because I never knew when there was homework (they stopped telling us), and partly because I just never did any studying or work. I did very well on tests, but I literally did nothing else in class. I probably would've gotten all As if my grades were only based on test scores.

If you can, your best bet would be to test out of school. If you're still in high school, you can take an exit exam, which is much easier than shooting for a GED, and much faster. Mostly because you have to still be enrolled in high school to take it. But it's only math and English, instead of all the subjects like with a GED. I'm the worst at math, and I passed fairly easily because I buckled down and struggled to learn how to solve things. English was a breeze, because I'm fucking phenomenal at English.

I don't know where Vienna is, but you might wanna look into what options you have for testing out. Just don't be an idiot like me and lose the damn diploma packing things for the move.

5. nativeofruby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So am I. :help:

I'm not the least bit motivated to get up every morning to go to school. I guess most of it is justified by the fact that teachers lack passion for their profession and just teach because that's what they do... Also, the fact that I'm forced to have subjects I did not choose nor need for my future career and/or college studies is so frustrating! For example, I am currently studying 6 subjects and out of those, I only chose 2: English and Literature.

Not only that, but I feel like the students' mentalities don't at all match mine. I can only have a real conversation with about a handfull of them... The rest are all so childish and closed-minded, ignorant and rude. :confused:

Luckily, I'm a junior and I only have one year left after completing this. I'm sooo looking forward to being 18... :icon_redf

---------- Post added 12th Nov 2014 at 03:49 PM ----------

I see your point and it was a nice suggestion. But Vienna is in Austria, and most European educational systems are really crappy.
    I'm portuguese but I've checked possibilities in a few other EU countries in case I ever got the chance to study abroad... Still, thanks for the consideration.

6. chrisyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Lately I've been revaluating what's been going on in my life. Where I want to go. How I want to get there. I know what career path I want, but I'm aware if I want it, I'll have to work at it. I might not be somebody who studies every spare minute, but I get there in the end. If I want nice holidays, a nice car, my own business I know I need to keep in their.

You always get what you put in buddy. Don't give up.

7. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do the work you need to do. Really put an effort into school. It may well be that you won't end up with any further academic future, but you might regret limiting your options.

Make your motivation the ability to choose. You might value that freedom later.

8. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try your best at school, it seems like you're there a long time - but trust me, it flies by and then you wish you did more while you had the opportunity.

That being said... don't beat yourself up about grades and exams. In the long run, these things aren't as important as you might think. Just soldier on, give it 100%, then at least you can say you have no regrets.

9. MissMiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I know how you feel but sometimes you should try to find some quality about the classes your failing in that is fun and use that as motivation

10. Perseus

It's you who decides what person you wanna be, maybe sometimes you could look at study guides or ask for help from your teachers or your friends... tell them how you feel! :slight_smile: You can talk to me if we want to...