1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my sister accept trans people but not gay people?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by joshy the queen, Nov 12, 2014.

1. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My sister 21 years old fully accept trans and think that its ok for them to express how bad they feel and that islam accept trans people
    But gay people weather gay by choice or not are quite not acceptable to scream everywhere that they are gay and having their own street and stuff and that she doesnt know if they are like that by choice but either way she doesnt like the closet term the coming out and stuff like that they same like just attention and that bisexual people should not choose a same sex partndr since they are attracted to both
    She seems a little open about accepting
    But why those thoughts are in her head ? What can change them ?
    Btw not the sister who knows im gay she thinks im stright pflag girly guy :lol:

2. chrisyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    One of my closets friends for years is Muslim and she is totally OK with it...actually she practically encourages it. "Look at him, do you like him, will I ask him for you" (Seriously). I haven't actually found out whether she thinks its a choice or not, she doesn't really answer that question, but she's obviously open to it. She even wanted to discuss the intricacies of gay anal :roflmao:

3. nativeofruby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    how is one gay by choice? :confused:
    sexual orientation isn't something you choose...

4. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How can you convince her -.-

5. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well there are tons of people who accept homosexuality and hate transgender people, not least portions of the LGBT community itself, so it doesn't surprise me that the other way round happens too. I guess some people are just strange like that.

6. Blossom85

It very much does come back to people's own perceptions and beliefs, but they have gotten that from somewhere.. And I find it interesting as to how people even do get to that kind of thinking.. She is very much in denial about gay people, but fully accepts trans people.. It sounds very interesting to wanna know how she came to that conclusion, but it's probably something that will never be answered. What would this sister think or how do you think she would react if she knew you yourself are gay Joshie?

7. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Idk she is the most accepting of all sisters and she always tell me not to care about people and be myself even though im too childish but its ok self acceptance is number one for her she is really wise
    I think amongst all she would accept it but not sure ,wrong understanding of relgion makes her confosued about gay people i think

8. Perseus

I guess she just has that "gut" feeling because she was brought up that way? maybe you could take this slowly and show her that you aren't any different from a normal person? :slight_smile:

9. soulcatcher

Yeah it does not surprise me that some people only accept gender binary and heterosexuality.