1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deep Moments

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by HageshiLikesAnime, Nov 12, 2014.

1. HageshiLikesAnime

I was laying in bed and I was looking around on tumblr and I saw a picture that was self harm themed that said thes scars will be with me forever and when I saw that I kind of had a really deep moment knowing that the scars on my wrists will be there my hole life and you would think that somthing like that would make me not want to cut but all of a sudden I really want to cut like really badly and I would (I have a razor blade under my pillow but I do want to try to atleast somewhat try not to cut my self. Is there anyone out here that dousent mind talking to me? Normaly I don't like talking to ramdom strangers about this kind of stuff but the person that I normaly talk to when I'm abut to cut my self kind of is asleep.. and I don't want to bug her. please help me :help:

2. shinji

shinji Guest

Just... don't.

Scars can be hidden, and even if they aren't, it's not like people actually notice these things. I mean, i personally don't.

Try getting your mind into something else, obviously you see the correct solution here.

3. Candace

Please do NOT cut yourself. It is NOT cool and it won't accomplish anything. I advise you to not look into that so deeply and try to think of something else. Why do you feel that that would make everything better?

4. MissMiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    cutting is scary especially when you have to risk your own life to hold someone back from cutting themselves mid class.... please dont cut your self u are beautiful and cute

5. Tardis2020

Don't cut. Think about those scars, do you want to have more? No, focus your pain or anger or anxiety into something else, like art or a martial art.

6. just do your best to get through whatever it is that you've got on your plat, and know that you don't need to hurt/punish etc yourself, because you are wonderful, amazing, and extraordinary no matter what. sorry I'm not much help *hugs and good wishes* :slight_smile:

7. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hang in there. Just remember that cutting is harmful (physically and mentally), and only provides TEMPORARY relief. Later in your life when you have no want to cut, you will regret the damaging of your skin. You're a wonderful person and deserve help that can permanently solve the problem.

8. PositivelyMe

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey, I've been there and done that for a good five years; trust me, it's not worth it. The relief is temporary, but the shame and guilt last for a while. The scars stick around for a long time.

You don't deserve to hurt; instead of cutting, why not try drawing on your skin? It works for me and it may for you as well.

9. Blossom85

Please just hang in there and try to focus on other areas of your life where you don't feel this way, I know it's probably really hard for you, but just know that even though cutting my make you feel better in the short term.. It is a bad cycle and it will just keep happening over and over.. Coming here I think is your way of saying you don't want to do this and you know you need help which is what you are seeking, so please think of what everyone has said and take that on board and just take a deep breath, close your eyes and concentrate on your breathing, how good it feels to just take a breath and know you have another moment in this world to make it better for yourself.

10. Alexandra Lily

I'm basically the go to person for guidance around my school. I'm quite young, but the guidance staff have "hired" me to help them out wiht some problems when I am free. I stop people from self harming on a weekly basis, and it's tough work, becoming stressful for me at times. It's all worth it in the end whn I see them happy.

11. one and only

You have to fight the urge to cut, that desire you feel at that moment will pass. You have to find what it is that will distract you long enough for the urge to go away. Try to avoid what triggers you to cut. Whatever it is that takes you to that place. I hope you will find peace with it. Remember that things will get better and with time easier to process.

12. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When you're in a relatively stable and good mood, do your best to throw out any implements you'd harm yourself with.

And always remember; it's not your fault, it will never be. Your mental state is unhealthy, but you didn't choose it. You don't have to feel guilty about anything; your recovery is going to have to be your priority and you're going to have a few slip-ups. But that's all right, because you'll be able to make it through in the end.

You'll always be able to get the attention you need for your issues on here. Cutting is often a plea for help or an expression of self-hatred. The former you deserve and the latter is unjustified; you're worth it, no matter how you feel right now, and I don't want you to forget that.

Most people on EC will be willing to listen. Please make use of that if you're up to it.

13. The Janitor

Kansas City (such originality for a city name)
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Cutting isn't just an act of self harm, it's a drug. It is extremely addictive and not healthy in any way. I suggest you sign up for a self-harm forum and tell people who have had similar experiences about your issues. You deserve better, and you don't need to cut.