1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you change when you came out?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by daniel27, Nov 14, 2014.

1. daniel27

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Recently started coming out to myself properly and really accepting myself and I've noticed a few changes in how I act. Did anyone else experience this and how did you change if you did?

2. timo

After coming out I did become more comfortable with myself and less afraid to show my true self. I'm not sure if I want to call it change, because it's always been there, I just didn't show it.

3. Bolin

Same.

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can you share with us more precisely what you noticed?

5. daniel27

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well apart from noticing attraction to males more and less attracted to females since I let go of the "this is how I should be" thing I've noticed myself to be less reserved. Always been the life of a party but I now seem to share more of myself, dance a lot more and my mannerisms are also a bit more out there. I'd say this would be just a matter of more comfortable and happy because I really feel happier than I have been in a while.

6. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is so interesting, and definitely not a unique occurrence. After coming out, it's letting go of "how I should be" and just letting yourself be. I do think it is the lifting of internal repression rather than actively putting on some affectation, but that line is very thin...it could very well be some combination of both.

7. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I suppose I became more confident around some people

8. CubbieBlue

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel more sexy. Like I was holding that back when I convinced myself I was all the way straight. I feel more comfortable in nice clothes too. Not revealing clothes, but nice clothes that actually fit me. I like combing my hair now, and I'm not ashamed of wanting to look nice. Those are the positives I can think of right now. I just came out last week though, and not everyone knows. The other difference is that I now admit why I lways felt weird around certain guys and seeing certain celebrity men. Because they're hot!

9. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I got more comfortable with what i liked ( men and other things ) I used to care what people had to say about me but now don't really give a ....

10. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This has been my experience as well. In the days-before-gay, I could care less what I wore, now, it suddenly matters! I have preferences for certain materials, and how they fit is important. As for feeling sexier, absolutely! Also changed hairdresser, costs a mint but I consider this an "essential" expense.

11. EDMJunkie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I started to feel a lot happier. My depression lifted, and I became more social and better in general. It's a great feeling to be yourself after repressing and hiding it for so long.

The only downside for me is that my Gaydar went down the drain. :frowning2:

12. Hexagon

Yeah, I grew facial hair.

13. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I got a little more confident. I've always been quite forward and comfortable with myself. But I am even more so since I came out now that I'm being honest with myself and to everyone around me.

14. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was more like I changed, and then I came out to the people who mattered. I stopped caring what other people thought.

15. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My eventual ex-wife seems to think I dress much more "gay" and will occasionally make snarky comments, although my oldest daughter in particular considers me the well-dressed gay hipster dad and is very enthusiastic about it!

In general though, I've gained a ton of self-confidence and assertiveness, lost a lot of inhibitions, and while I'm still very much an introvert in that after dealing with more than a handful of people at a time, I still need to be alone to recharge, I'm also enjoying time spent WITH people a lot more. And yes, I feel MUCH sexier!

16. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I became less timid and afraid, and was able to stand up for myself more

17. PositivelyMe

Out Status:
    Some people
    I became more comfortable, found myself relaxing around people and crushing more on girls. I'm also much quicker to smile and I feel safer somehow, like I'll be okay in the end

18. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Became a lot more confident and comfortable with myself. Little less anxious and depressed once I was able to fully come out and express identity but still dealing with some anxiety issues. Also became a better communicator and social human being after I came out and moved away from a negative home situation.

19. David21201

i feel more comfortable when i hang out with my friends cause i can FINALLY agree on which girls are hot. (70% of my friends are dudes, 10% bi/gay, 20% straight girls) Plus i feel more weird in the girls locker room... heh... too bad i cant go into the boys... :/

20. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I never cared what poeple thought of me, unles it was dancing before. Now i dont care at all. I started to wear skinny jeans more. I dressed brighter. Stand out more. Have added cofidence to what i already had. Im more me, instead of what other people wanted me to be. If hey tell me i need to change, i tell them to deal with it. I, most importantly, find it easier to talk to the guys now that im not worried about saying something that will give it away. And my great grade skyrocketed. Somehow, theyre sven better than before. But i did change. Or not so muh changed, but became the real me.