1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Jesus really love us?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AnimeFan4Ever, Oct 5, 2008.

1. AnimeFan4Ever

In Indianapolis now, I hope to move to Los Angeles
    I don't know if anybody cares about this little part, but I'm back. I feel really bad about myself because over the last month I've made myself distant for everyone I know and just made myself look like a stalker or douchebag. I've tried to make myself more open in a way that feels comfortable to me and them, but there's still one question right now that bothers me and is still keeping a major boundary between myself and others, "Does Jesus really love us?". Even if you're not christian, you've probably have heard on the news about hate crimes and gay rights and how they're looked act as an abomination meaning immoral (note: abomination was meant to be translated into "out of custom and ritual") in numerous passages. It just doesn't seem real that a book that tells us to love others as we do ourselves, is also telling people that we're wicked and have turn away from God thereby sending us to Hell. I've read all the text and passages that say that and it just doesn't add up. Do you think God or some form of a god still loves you? What do you say?

2. Adam

I don't believe in god.
    But if there is a god, he would have created everyone, and would love everyone I would assume. If he made you that way, why would he hate how he made you?

3. otc877

otc877 Guest

So, I definitely thought that your username said AnneFrank...

but, on topic God loves all of his creations right?

4. epiphanies

Ditto from above. I don't really believe, but if there is an omniscient god, he wouldn't make "failures" that he wouldn't accept.

5. Amy

Amy

heres how i see it:

christianity is about jesus, and what he taught. jesus was all about love(as my facebook religion status clearly states). he taught love, forgiveness, and acceptance. we should(as creations of God) be loved and treated as all of his other creatures, not different then them. God doesnt just say "oh, me. he likes penis. whoops." no, he says "he likes penis? so does she. they have something in common. yay." ok, he may not say it like that, but the its like that. God made us all the same, nobody was made different.

its just part of what God gave you.

as one of my friends said, "maybe jesus was gay".

wtf? THAT is random. ^.^

6. elitechris

i like to think he does
    the Bible can be interpreted in different ways... it just depends on what you believe in

7. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

Jesus hung out with women and tax collectors, he touched people with leprosy.

I'm not relating homosexuality with leprosy because they are totally not the same in any way. That was a big social no-no, but He did it anyway because He loves all.

He spent time with women and tax collectors, they were considered second class citizens by the rest of the population. He spent time with people that society shunned. He loves everyone equally.

So in my opinion/belief/spirituality yes, Jesus loves all.

8. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Begs the question of "is there a Jesus", which I still have not been convinced of, but anyway - no, I do not think there is some supreme spiritual being who watches over and continually loves humanity.

9. Probably not. Just being honest. I particularly don't mind. I'll kick it in the 7th prison of hell with all my homies :lol::grin:

10. Noah

Yes, I believe so