1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keystone pipeline

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dano218, Nov 15, 2014.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just wondering what people think of building the pipeline. I think it shouldbe built now but obama will veto it probably. It will create jobs but the president is too obsessed with the envorinment.

2. Hexagon

For good reason. And not nearly enough.

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't want it and it's not going to build jobs their just lying to people saying it will:dry:
    It's not going to build jobs for Americans .

#3 stocking, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess there are different view points on its economic benefits. From some of the things I have read and the analysis I have listened to, the economic benefits are really short term. It will create jobs while the sections are being built, but as soon as they are completed, the jobs will disappear. The jobs to maintain the pipeline, are most likely not going to be significant enough to help to sustain the economic benefits from the project.

I think it is good that someone is concerned about the environment. People actually don't think enough about the environment, and the fact that once there is a major oil spill, it is going to take years for the environment to recover. Depending on how bad it is, your drinking water could be impacted as well. To live, we humans need the environment too but though yet we have become the masters in destroying it.

5. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes let's built it. Screw the environment, a few thousand temporary jobs and 20 permanent ones are all that's important. Forgot about all of that potential oil spills costing us billions and ruining our farmland nonsense. Screw the fact that tar sands are one of the most polluting ways to get oil.

6. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a way for us to continue our dependence on fossil fuels, which is destroying our environment. And the Koch Brothers stand to make a killing off of the project.

7. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, it's economically sensible to encourage environmental destruction that risks destroying agriculture and infrastructure globally. It surely wouldn't cost that much to build thousands of kilometres of sea walls and relocate business and industry.

Do not burn down a bank for the sake of a twenty dollar note.