1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alrighty, Opinion Time.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Covered Market, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Covered Market

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What's up.
    For starters i'm a newbie, so I guess i'll do a little introductory bow :eusa_danc ...erm...dance I guess.

But in all seriousness, I would appreciate and opinion on something.

I'm a bisexual guy with no preference who's in the blistering fat covered heart of east Texas. I've lived here all of my life and recently I started dating this awesome guy who's in the same boat.

Now, like I said, this is east Texas. My boyfriend and I are aware that homophobia is just an uncontrollable aspect of our environment and therefore, it's best for us to refrain from doing things such as holding hands when we find the time to go on a date (typically whatever he wants to do :dry: )

However, having dated my fair share of girls in the past, this lack of PDA just feels...off. If you care about someone, then why worry what other's think of you? But, I think as much as we tell ourselves not to be so self conscious, it's just a natural aspect of our social engineering. He and I have talked about giving it a try, but all it would take is one look, one gesture, one instance of the word "faggots" from someone and it would totally ruin our night that we're trying to enjoy. And i'm sure you all know, people are not afraid to do things like that.

Anybody able to relate or have some advice that doesn't...you know...blow (no pun intended).

Good to be here. I look forward to it :icon_bigg .

2. I'm sorry:frowning2: I don't have much advice for this kind of thing, but don't be worried about what a bunch of people with their heads up their butts think:wink: btw you're adorable :3

3. BurntUp

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know what you mean by it feeling a little off. Honestly, if you have nothing to lose besides feeling hurt over someone's rude comment, I'd go for it. Haters will hate and you shouldn't feel bad at all bro. Just don't go too far and start slobbering all over each other in public. Haha

4. Covered Market

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You should tell that to the old couple that sat in front of us last weekend. :eusa_sick

#4 Covered Market, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  5. RadioRoss

Well, stupid people will say or do stupid things, and it shouldn't matter what they think. If you feel absolutely unsafe in a situation that might have to do with PDA, then do what you think is right in that moment.

6. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

I would tell you to screw everything and hold his fucking hand if you lived anywhere in the States but Texas (and Arizona). Forgive me if I'm mistaken but I just have this perception of Texas and Arizona as being the two most likely places where homophobia can get physical. I dunno, to me risking a physical altercation in the middle of what was supposed to be a romantic moment only for the sake of, say, holding hands it's just not worth it. Maybe limit it to less crowded places, like parks at certain times of the day or something. I'm sorry, I wish I could tell you something different and it sucks that those are the circumstances you are facing but, in this case, I just think the potential consequences far outweigh the benefits.

7. AlamoCity

I'm not from East Texas but from a more liberal city. That said, if I had a boyfriend, I would be careful where I would hold hands and have PDA. Maybe have outings to more touristy/public areas (e.g. Walmart) or a nearby larger city (e.g. Houston) where y'all can let loose and be more open with holding hands, PDA, etc.

8. ithinkiamgay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to EC buddy!

9. kem

kem

I wouldn't care what others think about it, I'd just go with what feels natural. I'm not into gratuitous PDA's but I wouldn't be too concerned about holding hands or kisses for good-byes, no matter where I was (well except maybe in countries where it's punishable by death or some such)