1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does wearing pride stuff really work and let others know your gay ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Nov 15, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Does stuff such as pride rings or pride stuff to clip on your bag work does it let other women know your lesbian or gay ?
    Has this ever worked for any of you guys .

2. Leonardo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a little rainbow badge I wear and a lot of people ask me about it. So yeah, it kinda works.

3. Acm

Acm Guest

I've never tried it but when I see someone else with rainbow stuff I usually wonder if they're gay so it might work

4. Wildside

Wildside Guest

I am gay and totally in the closet, but I wear pink shirts, pink gloves, pink socks, rainbow socks carry a pink hello kitty wallet, etc. But people just say things like "cool" or "more men should wear pink" or "you're really secure in your masculinity" (I am, but I am also gay in the closet). It hasn't worked as you ask, though. Well, there wals that one guy... But that was just the exception that makes the rule!

5. Tardis2020

Straight people don't exactly cover themselves in rainbows...

6. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

This will work even if you are not LGBTQ. It's the "Gay by association" syndrome and it still pretty widespread among the ignorant. So yes, gay people will know you are gay because few straight people have the balls to face the "Gay by association" syndrome and the rest will always assume you are gay regardless of your actual orientation.

7. ithinkiamgay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm unsure of that. But someone recently had this thread opened up to know about wearing a rainbow ring on your little finger. Guess it should work maybe!

8. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would think so. If I ever saw a person wearing a rainbow-anything, I'd want to go up and hug them. (Not that I would, of course. That'd be creepy.)

9. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you wear something with rainbows in it, most people will automatically assume that you're gay. There is a lesbian symbol that features two intersected female gender symbols. You might be able to find some accessories with that on them.
    LGBT symbols - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

10. Mickz

Here the whole rainbows connected to LGBT isn't at all well known so it wouldn't work here at all :/

11. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I assume someone is gay usually.

12. eternallyapril

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a rainbow bracelet that I always wear. I don't get many comments on it, but people have said that it made them question my sexuality in the past.

13. ChameleonSoul

Every time that I see rainbow stuff on someone I assume they're gay (but that could be because I am too). But from what I've seen a good chunk of straight people don't really take a hint with it. Whether it's ignorance or denial, I don't know.

14. The Janitor

Kansas City (such originality for a city name)
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've never really worn anything related to LGBT stuff in the past, but when I wore those sweatpants with BITE ME on the ass, I sure did get a lot of weird views.

I would wear rainbows and such, and I'm planning on getting my bangs dyed pink or green or some other ungodly colour, but it's almost a little nerve wracking to think of doing anything like that for fear of retaliation. I'm not afraid of myself getting hurt, I'm plenty strong and such, but I don't want to have to beat people to slime because they don't agree with my viewpoint. However.. college does seem to be a little less closed minded as high school was.

15. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think my rainbow bracelet has made it less of a surprise when I tell people

16. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

I wear a dogtag with the bi-flag and a silver necklace with a circle from which two male and a female symbol protrude. The bi-flag is more in-your-face and succeeds at letting people know I'm NOT straight, the necklace is more subtle, but people are more curious about it, so I get to answer questions about it. I often wear both.

So ye, it works. At least for me.

17. LittleWriter

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a white shirt with a cute rainbow kitten on it, used to wear it often in the summer. It's now colder but i'm planning on wearing it more often.

18. Summer1110

It never really worked for me. My friends all thought I just like rainbows before I came out. Then again, even after I came out and told one of my female friends that I liked her she still didnt get the message... so maybe its just me

19. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to have a little black shirt that said "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I'm sleeping with your boyfriend." People seemed to get the idea...

20. QueerQueen

I think it works, I mean at Dairy Queen before one of the cashiers had on a couple different bracelets. One was rainbow and I asked her what her bracelets were and she took them off and let me look at them, sure enough the rainbow one was for LGBT. So I notice them pretty well and I'm sure other people do too but I don't have any myself even though I would like a bracelet or something to show off even though I'm already out.