1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you look up "am I gay?" videos, you probably are

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Anongirl123, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Anongirl123

Ever since I started questioning my sexuality, I've watched an embarrassing amount of youtube vidoes by lesbian youtubers - yes, pretty much all of them :icon_redf

I remember watching a few "am I gay" videos in which these youtubers basically said "if you're actually going online and looking up the words 'am I gay', reading articles, watching these videos, and clicking on the next one again and again... you're gay"

Do you think this is true? Is it normal for a straight person to do this? I realize this is a kind of silly question, as there seem to be very few straight people on this forum! A vast majority of the people on this forum seem to be non-straight or at least questioning themselves. Still, I thought I'd ask.

2. Notlad

I've done the same stuff. And I've recently came to the conclusion that I am gay. But, really it's up to you. You're questioning, give yourself time to figure it out.

3. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think the majority of people who are looking that stuff up are gay, bi, lesbian,etc. but there are probably a lot that aren't

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I remember I looked up stuff and videos just like you but I was never straight to begin with it just took me longer to realize that .

5. JohnB

Well, I once told myself, 'If I do not have a girlfriend by the end of this school year, I am gay.' I did it for two years. It wasn't till later on in life I wondered, 'Why did the unfulfilled objective had to be 'gay'? Why not get hit by car or something unfortunate? Why did I choose that?" Then I thought that I wasn't making a punishment for failing to get a gf, I was choosing a reasonable explanation for why I couldn't get one.

We look to seeing 'gay' because we recognize the symptoms, 'Why don't I like the opposite sex as much as my friends do?' Or 'Why am I pulled towarda my best same sex friend the most instead of that cute girl/boy who likes me?"

As Carlos Mencia once sang dressed up as a dinosaur mascot, "If you think you might be gay, then you're gay. *clap clap*"

But most likely if you are not comfortable with the title "gay" than you're probably not just that, like I learned a bunch of other labels in which describes the attraction yo anyone emotionally or mentally no matter what gender. I say keep looking until you find what appeals to your liking.

---------- Post added 16th Nov 2014 at 09:12 PM ----------

But overall, my favorite videos are the 'Coming out' vidz.

6. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, I think going through a questioning period is normal for anyone, no matter where they fall on the gender and sexuality spectrum.
    I kind of feel like these people are trying to project their own opinions on others as fact... The only person who can tell you who you are is yourself. It's a personal journey, you can't force yourself to be gay, straight, bisexual or even pansexual. You just are who you are, the labels are secondary, nothing more than tools for YOU to use to describe how YOU feel. My advice is to keep your mind open, do research and don't feel discouraged or pressured by anyone else. It's your life and only you can figure out who you are and what you want, everyone else's opinions are just background noise. :slight_smile:

7. LibraryLass

LibraryLass Guest

I always used to watch short films and stuff and advice on coming out sort of things in order to "educate myself" so I wouldn't accidentally offend people...

I think, though, that I really did know all along that I liked girls too. My first crush ever was a girl which says a lot too.

But I do think (finally answering the other part of your question) that is a pretty big generalisation of them to say that if you are looking those things up you ARE gay or SSA on some level. Sometimes things happen that make people question their sexuality but it really does just turn out to be a phase or "the exception to the rule" kind of scenario - and I don't think that is fair to judge by.

Just my opinion :wink: