1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meditation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hexagon, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Hexagon

I know a few people here meditate. So, do you meditate, and if so, how often, and what do you do?

2. kem

kem

I've been meaning to try it for a while, but I always seem to forget. I try to focus on introspection when I yoga but it's not really the same.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I practice Zazen (seated zen meditation) quite frequently. I like it. One of the few times I can calm my hyperactive mind. :slight_smile:

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Yes.

Between 45 minutes to 2 hours. It depends on what I have planned, or approaching, that day. But I always meditate once a day.

Nothing special, when it comes to how I do it. I sit down on a large pillow, after lighting some incense, and making sure everything is as quiet as possible. Sometimes, I'll have some very faint classical music in the background. If I don't have my large pillow, that's fine, I'm able to meditate almost anywhere. But comfortable sitting, makes it easier, in my opinion.

I get into a comfortable posture, close my eyes, and begin thinking... everything else takes off from here. But it isn't something you can just sit down and do, you have to get used to it, and keep at it. Otherwise, you'll get impatient or uncomfortable. Like any habit, it requires a little while, of doing it, to make it second nature.

5. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, I do not un purpose. I usually don't think of anything, just hearing the sounds around me. So calming. =)

I tried to meditate, but I didn't see anything special in it. It's just like I do every day without noticing it. :lol:

6. AlamoCity

I'm too hyperactive to meditate :lol:. I am a naturally stressed-out person, so I would think medication meditation might help with that. But I don't even know where to start.

7. shinji

shinji Guest

Not exactly meditation but... edging on lucid dreaming. It's like, you can twist reality, but you aren't fully dreaming, yet the outside world is completely non existent to you. Helps with gathering thoughts and having conversations with your subconsciousness.

As for "oohm, weird poses" - meditation. No, i find it stupid.