1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What personality are you most like

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Justinian20, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Justinian20

Describe your personality here, I'd like to all know you better.

If you don't know me I am much like a Goth, if you know me I become what some may call a feminine guy.

It's pretty much the opposite sides of the spectrum, one side of me is talkative and wants to make friends and is lonely while the other side is completely introverted, doesn't talk much, looks like a metalhead due to longer hair than most men today.

Sometimes the two personalities converge especially at parties, I'm like not drinking at all and just sitting in the same chair for the whole time, sometimes someone has to push me to bring my feminine guy out from the gothic side. Both sides are also present in music taste, goth side(dark ambient, dark wave, varieties of heavy metal, hard rock), feminine guy side(electronic, big beat, hard trance, trance, House, Electronic Dance, Futurepop, Spacesynth).

I might call my feminine guy side flamboyant, but i'm not entirely sure as I act much like a normal gal rather than over the top.

2. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I couldn't really say. I feel like that's mostly for others to decide~ though I personally like to think my personality is.. flexible

3. Mickz

Introverted for the most part to people I don't like. The people I love want me to shut up most of the time.

4. White Knight

I am me. If anyone really want to know me better they should work for it.

Ha ha ha yeah I am a bit pompous arse I bet. :badgrin:

Seriously I just can't describe my personality in one go. No one could... hmm not that certain about that one... some people do incredible stuff.

Anyway, you can give some pointers but if you want to know anyone better, spend time with them, talk them, observe what they like and don't like. We are doing it in here everyday. It reaches a point you can tell someone is feeling down just by reading their posts.

5. Hexagon

I tend to be introverted, but opinionated, and somewhat driven.

6. heyguyswhatsup

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow dude, we are kind of the same, perso-wise. Especially with the whole parties thing. Apart from that I don't have a gothic/metalhead front and listen to a broader range of music; so like pop, that lovey-dovey music, disco, country, etc.

At times, I don't want to talk and hold back. I am very quiet when in this mood, especially at family functions. However, I can be kind of loud at times. I guess everyone's like that to some degree. Around some people, I come to life and automatically click. Just get to know me, I suppose :icon_wink

7. Randomcloud

I'm pretty introverted and in my head a lot...
    I do like people though and like having long conversations face-to-face but in a setting that is relaxed and chill. Like, I'm not a huge fan of clubs and parties.
    Ummm I'm a kid at heart- like I get excited over things like amusement parks xD
    I like to think that I handle stress pretty well, I'm usually pretty calm about things.
    I really hate conflict and I'm also kind of a perfectionist...sometimes I feel like I have to please everyone.

IDK I'M BORING OK

8. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

Does sociopathy counts? I kid I kid...

Yeah, just kidding.

#8 Rawrzilla, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2014
  9. shinji

shinji Guest

Flexible, definitely a nice way of putting it.

Most people tell me i'm weird, so... i guess, it must be true. Quite hard for me to decide if they mean it in a good or bad way.

10. Yosia

I'm sort of goth.

11. mettalicbubbles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    im into the calm and soothing types of music

12. The Janitor

Kansas City (such originality for a city name)
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you can't get me to open up, I'm a very shy and quiet person with very little personality. However, if you can prove to me that you're cool, I get a whole lot weirder.

13. Bella Vampire

Hmm, I don't really know.
    It's like I have a multiple personality disorder (No offense intended)
    Sometimes I'm really quiet and shy.
    Other times I'm super loud and outgoing.

14. Justinian20

Man I actually listen to a broad range I just sort of specified the metalhead because I look like one(I think I do). I listen to a lot of music as well, all sorts, the one thing a lot of my music I like is Australian as well, so pop, country, hip hop, and all those genres, I listen to the Aussie versions of those genres(for e.g Architecture in Helsinki, The Herd and more).

You also said especially at family functions you are quiet most of the time, turns out I am a very quiet guy at anything to do with my family when we are around strangers, but when I'm alone I feel a bit more comfortable but I still am quite quiet. The only time I'm not quiet is when I'm acting in my drama classes.

#14 Justinian20, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  15. heyguyswhatsup

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There you go :icon_wink Broad music too.

Everything you're saying is a little like me. Even the drama classes aha, until the class changed and my confidence went :eusa_naug
    I am very quiet as well. But around family, yeah, the most quiet. They make jokes about how quiet and low my voice is :icon_sad: aha. But how good is it to be quiet? Like I'm not sad or anything:lol:. I just love not saying anything...:thumbsup:

16. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

If we go by stereotypical cliques, then I'd be:

50% Punk/Rebel, 30% Goth, 10% Nerd, 10% Jock. But, I tend to only count the first two, because they were the identities, most would have thrown me into, by just a first glance.

If we go by our own individual explanations, then I'm:

Typically mellow. I don't speak too often, when first meeting somebody. I will speak, but I tend to keep the conversation focused on them, which makes them lower their walls, which allows me, when I do speak, to have an easier time. By then, the individual I'm engaging with, has given me enough trust, that I can build upon it. I now have a foundation, for whatever our relationship is, or becomes.

If one sticks around me, I start to speak more frequently. But it's still somewhat controlled, as the early stages, of any relationship, is to be handled with a genuine, but delicate, care.

But, see, that's how I would be, if everybody wasn't too timid, shy, or reserved. Usually, this is what happens:

No one is talking, so, I have to step out of my preferred personality. I wind up cracking jokes, inciting conversation, and just guiding the mood. Eventually, the walls crack, and the others start to leak, until, finally, they just explode. I just do what is necessary, to get the type of environment, that is best. Life isn't interesting, unless something is happening, be that the exchange of knowledge, the nurturing of personality, or the expansion of interest.

I'm the wind, and life is the windmill.

Naturally, I'm introverted. But I can, easily, become extroverted. Naturally, I'm an observer. But I can, easily, become involved. Naturally, I'm a social engineer. But I can, easily, become social maintenance.

Basically, I'm kind of flexible. I can be, whatever the situation demands, which is, both, a blessing and a curse. It makes life a tad easier, but it also leaves you lonelier, because everyone will come to depend on you, the blessing, instead of being with you, the curse.

17. Rainbow Kitty

Talkative, I get my opinion across. Sometimes I can be shy, though! I try to be nice. :3

18. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    anti-hipster hipster

19. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Feisty as always. In terms of the Meyers-Briggs personality type, I'm an ISTJ.

According to a website on the 16 personality types:

"Their defining characteristics of integrity, practical logic and tireless dedication to duty make ISTJs a vital core to many families, as well as organizations that uphold traditions, rules and standards, such as law offices, regulatory bodies and military. People with the ISTJ personality type enjoy taking responsibility for their actions, and take pride in the work they do - when working towards a goal, ISTJs hold back none of their time and energy completing each relevant task with accuracy and patience.

ISTJs don't make many assumptions, preferring instead to analyze their surroundings, check their facts and arrive at practical courses of action. ISTJ personalities are no-nonsense, and when they've made a decision, they will relay the facts necessary to achieve their goal, expecting others to grasp the situation immediately and take action. ISTJs have little tolerance for indecisiveness, but lose patience even more quickly if their chosen course is challenged with impractical theories, especially if they ignore key details - if challenges becomes time-consuming debates, ISTJs can become noticeably angry as deadlines tick nearer."

20. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I score INTP on the MBTI. I'm curious, creative, independent, short-tempered, selfish, and impulsive. Also, I've got a creeping suspicion that my last words will be something like 'watch this!' I used to joke that I'd die in a car crash, but I'm (hopefully) less foolish thesedays.

Basically I was raised to be a fighter, but I'm really more of an artist. I shouldn't feel so conflicted because these things can go pretty well together. I've tried to shun my creativity, but it ends up showing anyway. For example, I stopped writing tragic stories and my thoughts became even darker than usual.

Some of the weirdest things I've said without thinking include; "I'm not a goddamn artist! My work is NEVER good enough! Artists are crazy! It's a curse! This isn't like me! I want it to stop!" My subconsciousness has yet to accept my creative side and sometimes I feel bad about it because society told me it's girly wtf. Anyway, I'm tough on the outside and soft on the inside. I'm sure many people can relate to that. I don't always feel able to show my soft side, but I'm working on it.

Is it possible to truly understand myself? My friends say I'm very sweet and lacking in self-confidence. I take it into account, even if it sounds strange to me. Maybe I feel like a worse person than I really am because I've played some evil roles. Sometimes I beat myself up with guilt, but I'm willing to pay that price. It's better than a few years ago when I felt like a void inside, although I appeared very outgoing and happy.