1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone ever came out to you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Burnedcloset, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Burnedcloset

Title

Also, what was/would be your reaction? Especially if you thought they were hetero.

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    One of my bisexual friends did , I think she came out because she wanted to see if I liked her back now that I looked back on it .
    I wasn't really shocked to be honest like I thought she was straight but it didn't shock me that she liked girls , it just didn't shock me i was oh okay and that's cool .
    She thought I was homophobic because she said I looked too straight to be gay , she was more shocked when I came out to her a month later . She said i look to straight too be lesbian .

#2 stocking, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  3. C P

C P

Nope, but I know I would likely be shocked if I figured they were hetero before.

It'd be pretty awkward either way though, considering I'm not out myself. I wonder if I would take advantage of the moment to finally do so myself to someone, or if I would play it off as if I were just someone who's understanding and bite my tongue still. .-.

4. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

So me and one of my cousins are having a good time ranting about everything and blowing inane bullshit from our lives out of proportion (our favorite thing to do) and then, smooth me, I blurt out (paraphrasing here):

Me: "Btw I'm bi"
    She: "Omg, me too!"
    Me: "Yeah, I just wanted t- wait whuuuuuuut"
    She: "Yup"
    Me: "Why didn't you tell me sooner?"
    She: "Why didn't you tell me sooner?"
    Me: "Where you ever gonna tell me?"
    She: "Where you ever gonna tell me?"
    Me: "That doesn't even make sense, I'm the one who started this"
    She: "Shut up and let me enjoy my coming out moment"
    Me: "...It was supposed to be my moment"
    She: "That's it, I'm murdering you in your sleep"
    Me: "I love you too"
    -Hugs all around-

I would have never guessed it, she has had her fair share of boyfriends (and, as I discovered that afternoon, her fair share of girlfriends). Hahaha recalling this just reminded me of this guy.

#4 Rawrzilla, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2014
  5. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    This one creepy guy did, He started messaging me about how "Good he was with the lady's", After he told me he was gay it got worse, Telling me he would date me and asking "How big I was", It turned out he was soliciting under-age youth for sex... :eek:

6. Blossom85

My best friend.. She did it in the most amazing way, she messaged me on Facebook and told me her partner had proposed to her and she had said yes.. I kinda knew she was seeing this girl, but it was never official or spoken about till she messaged me. I was just over the moon and really happy for her and I at the same time came out to her once she told me.

7. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I had a few trans people, most of them casual Facebook friends, who ended up querying me as someone who could help them figure it out.

8. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Twice.
    In high school a friend came out to me and another of our group at the same time. The ridiculous thing was she thought I would be against it. Which pissed me right off so I ended up telling her I was bi...even thought that's not technically true, I just didn't have a word for what I was back then.
    Second time was a week or two ago, when my sister and I were complaining about some anti-lgbt stuff our dad put on fb. She just kinda dropped it in the middle of her rant. I was and wasn't suprised.

9. White Knight

My best friend came out to me as 100% heterosexual.

We generally assume people like that but she is the first one to confirm me. Yeah she had such a dull life... not even an experiment with a girl. :grin:

10. Rainbow Kitty

My best friend and another friend. Bi and Gay, respectively.

11. Randomcloud

No. I kind of want someone to, just so I know there are people out there who trust me enough

12. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

It was kind of a shock and kind of not when 1 of my heavily religious friends came out to me, and told me I was a huge inspiration for her ever since I came out to her a few years back. I never knew it had that kind of effect on her, but it made me really happy when I heard that. I'd like to be able to make that kind of change in other people's lives as well ^_^

13. TheStormInside

I had a friend, W, come out to me as bi a few years back, though I think now she identifies as gay (she's since moved to Hong Kong :frowning2: ). I was a little surprised... but not shocked or anything. Years before another friend came to me and was very confused and said "I think W just came out to me." So I assumed at that point W was gay. Then she started dating a guy and I was like "oh, guess she's not gay."

So when W officially came out to me, I just said "Oh, ok." And I related that story to her. She didn't even recall it :lol:. I can only guess she was either drunk or made some slip up she hadn't intended to. After that we talked some more about things she wanted to share, and went out to eat and things just sort of went on as normal.

The story gets even stranger, however! The guy W was dating is also my ex bf. I dated him not long after the two of them broke up and she came out (with her blessing, she was totally cool with it :slight_smile: ) . I haven't come out to W yet as we haven't been in contact much recently. When I do I am pretty curious to know how she reacts to all of this.

14. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Once. I was like cool, I'm gay too :slight_smile:

15. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A few weeks ago my cousin who's 14, very closeted, and very scared came out to me. I gave him the best advice I could and made sure he had my phone number/email if he ever wanted to talk, and told him that he could talk to me about anything at all.

When he told me, I could hear the tears in his voice and I thought to myself, "Wow, I have a chance to be person I wished I had to confide in growing up."

16. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, but I would very much welcome the opportunity! I could tell them about this site I know...

17. kingLaser458

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    A friend told me recently that she is asexual but pan-romantic. The asexual part but didn't surprise me but the pan-romantic thing was a shocker. I just didn't see it coming.

18. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. I sort of suspected it and did some checking around and found that he was gay and out to some people, but I let him decide when to come out to me. I was not out to anyone at the time, so I told him that it was cool with me if he is gay, and thanked him for trusting me to know it, even though I already did. I came out to him later, after I had accepted myself as gay, and told him that he was one of my inspirations for coming out myself.

19. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    two of my friends did yeah, me first before anyone else actually, and I also came out to them shortly afterwards.

20. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    One of my best friends told me he was bi. That was before I knew everything about sexuality and gender now, so I was shocked. And I told him I didn't believe him, because he had played pranks on me before. Now that I look back on it, I probably came off as homophobic because I said I didn't believe him; but that was never the case. I was never homophobic in my life. I just didn't believe him because he liked to test my gullible-ness a lot.