1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Litter

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hexagon, Nov 19, 2014.

?

Do you pick up litter?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  3. I drop litter

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. Hexagon

Do ever pick up litter? I do. It started a couple of weeks ago, when I was forced to litter, as my crate of coke fell apart on my way home. I decided to pick some up to make up for it, and it just became a habit.

Alternatively, do you ever drop litter?

2. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do sometimes- but if something spilled, leaking or whatever I will definitely not pick it up. and No I don't litter other than the few times when I was drunk, I don't know if you would count those?

3. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to wake up on a morning, get some gloves, a big bag, and pick up litter in my local area. Litter generally isn't an issue here but got worse during prolonged periods of hot weather, and the sight of litter pisses me off. We have litter pickers but they're not here every day.

I kind of fell out of the habit of doing that, but I never drop litter. If there are no bins nearby, I just put it in my bag until I find a bin or get home.

4. Hexagon

Nah, I'll let you off. So long as you pick enough up to make up for it :wink:

5. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't actually come across much litter, but I pick up litter when it's near me. I won't go far out of my way to do it, and I won't do it if it seems like it could be unhygienic. However, it's just common decency not to litter and to pick it up when you can.

I never litter. The closest thing to littering I do is throwing an apple core into bushes if I can't see a bin around.

#5 Aussie792, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  6. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ​Yeah most definitely :slight_smile:

7. acciocarrie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah, I second this.

I don't drop litter and it annoys me when people do... Also, isn't it nice that some folks feel like people's gardens are a good place to drop their litter as well??? -.-

8. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really can't stand litterers. It's so utterly lazy. I've seen somebody litter, literally right next to a bin. I mean why?! The environment is so important to all of us.

However, as much as I'd like to say I go and pick up other people's litter on a regular basis, I don't. On a positive note, your post has inspired to take a more proactive approach to picking up any litter I see.

9. Acm

Acm Guest

I don't usually pick up litter for hygiene reasons, but then again I usually don't see a lot that would be easy to throw away. I hate littering, I've never done it before. I was out with a friend yesterday and I got mad at her because she left her trash on the ground :dry:

10. The Janitor

Kansas City (such originality for a city name)
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I usually pick it up and toss it in a trash can, but if I see someone litter, I'll usually pick it up, catch up to them, and toss it at the back of their head.