1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People who annoy me

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Wander, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No one specific is listed, don't worry about that. I wouldn't really call it a rant, either. Just some of my general thoughts and commentary. Contribute if you wish.

-Political candidates who cannot pronounce "nuclear" correctly. Do we not deserve a president who can at least pronounce such a simple word as "nuclear"?

-Anyone who thinks that using paper for its intended purpose is "killing trees". If you see a sheet of paper in front of you, the tree it came from is already dead. Putting ink on the paper will not somehow make it more dead.

-Elementary teachers who punish an entire class because they are not smart enough to find the one or two people causing trouble.

-Anyone who writes a book review after stopping on the first chapter, or a movie review after seeing the trailers, or a game review after playing the demo.

-Jeans with holes and dirt stains that cost more than regular jeans.

-The people on the school board who come up with policies like "If someone starts a fight with you and you fight back, you are both suspended".

-Anyone who misuses the terms "ADD", "OCD", and others. For example, "I'm so OCD about washing my hands". No, you are not a mental condition. You are a person who may show symptoms of having a disorder, but ADHD is not an adjective.

-People who treat the interstate on-ramp like a stop sign instead of merging.

2. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hmm, I have to agree with the paper point; it's one of my pet hates... girr....

Though I think the whole prononciation part is open to debate, as the Brits and the Americans have slightly different spelling and pronunciation, so I'm going to be terribly British and say that it's not just the word nuclear that needs proper pronunciation, but a whole other load of words as well. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Of course I don't want to spark debates, I'm merely agreeing with you for a slightly different reason; lazy pronunciation comes from lazy speakers, whether they're American or British, because there are also some terribly lazy public speakers this side of the pond too! :grin:

3. EmperorNero

How about "People who can't admit that they're wrong", or "people who actually never are wrong"?

4. pirateninja

Naggers.

And anyone who gets that reference can have some free wine :grin:

I think this is the one that rings home with me the most. Too many times have I retaliated to people and been punished for it. I'm not a doormat, and I hate being one, so I find it very hard to NOT retaliate.

5. Adam

South Park

6. Nodnarb

Ha. I got into a ~10 page debate on another forum about this. I'm on the side of "Who gives a crap"....because I sometimes pronouce it incorrectly:frowning2:. I blame it on the fact that there are some words my family tends to pronounce wrong, such has 'nuclear' (nuke-u-lar), 'creek' (crick), or 'wash' (warsh). I spend to much time with them:slight_smile:

*Gasp* Guilty....:icon_redf

Hmm...We don't really have that problem around here.

I agree with the rest tho. And I guess I'll add some:

- People who stop randomly in a packed hallway, and then get pissed off if you run into them.

- Teachers who say "Does that make sense?" after every sentance........

- People that when you to talk to them, throw in a "yeah" or "uh-huh" every five seconds.

- People who automatically close their mind off when they are presented with a new idea or a new way of thinking.

7. Techcompu2

I agree with all of those.

How about...
    • people who can't take hints.
    • people who like to pick on others for no reason. ie:for the color of your shoes, ect
    • people who won't clean up their own mess
    • people who can't obey directons
    • people who don't understand 'personal space'
    • people who won't take 'no' for an answer
    • people who smoke. (no offense to those who do, it is just a nast habit)

8. Techcompu2

oh and people who think they are better than everyone else

9. krazykyle

krazykyle Guest

the heat.

10. Nodnarb

I'd like to add another; politicians who always say "My friend(s)."

11. Techcompu2

people who think, than even before they get into a competion, that they will win the competion no matter what.

12. nemo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you know who annoy's me?

Those people who always call everyone gay like its some horrible insult!

13. Techcompu2

^or calling somthing gay rather than stupid

14. Étoile

I agree so much with you guys, especially you Techcompu2. These type of people annoy me:

• People who act like idiots/jerks/dumbasses and constantly gets away with it and calls you boring when you find their 2-year-old antics annoying
    • People who dismiss boys misbehaving by saying 'Boys will be boys!' and laughing it off like it's some hilarious joke. That's why we have so many boys and hardly any men in this world

15. Techcompu2

Étoile, I agree with your types of people entirely

16. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    OMG, I was just going to say that! :roflmao:

Also people who think rules apply to everyone but them!

17. biisme

People who walk through a doorway and then right in front of it, they .stop.

People who randomly pick a side of an argument, and then stay there...even when they have no idea what's going on.

People who will always voice their views on an argument, but never listen to yours.

18. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

Girls that wear clothes that are about two sizes too small. Even if a small girl does it it looks bad.

Girls that let their bra straps hang out. It's called an UNDER garment for a reason, you wear it UNDER your clothes. And there are these great things called strapless bras.

People that walk slow for no other reason than laziness. Being disabled is okay.

People that say they hate hypocrites. I think that everyone is a hypocrite in their own way and everyone should just deal with it.

Two words: Spell Check
    ^ Learn how to use it. The most recent version of Mozilla Firefox automatically underlines in red your errors. (In my opinion) people look so immature and uneducated if they cannot spell correctly and use proper grammar.

Confusing there/their/they're, you're/your (ur should never be used), we're/were/wear, an/and, are/our, have/half, and our/hour.

When someone's phone vibrates in their purse/backpack during class. Listening to an obnoxious buzz is only slightly better than the actual ringer.

19. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with everything here, plus I have a few of my own..

• Religious folk who try to impose their views on you.
    • Cults trying to lure you in.
    • Countries having a state religion and basing their laws around said religion.
    • The Australian government.
    • People who go for different political views than you and see it as a reason to rant on about you how your views are wrong.
    • People who believe Apple products are the best in everything.
    • Especially people who think Macs can do more than PCs.
    • iPhone users. UGH! I'm talking about the ones who always go "posted from my iPhone" on forums. >_> Congratulations, I've been going online with my mobile phones since good 'ol 2001 (yes, believe it or not mobile phones had web browsers back then too).
    • People who buy cheap music online off DRM-using music stores (e.g. iTunes) and then b!7ch about how they can only put their music on a certain device or only copy it to X amount of disks.
    • People who work at clothing stores and "help" you - as in say you look good in anything to try and get you to spend more.
    • Incompitent support staff from Internet Providers, Web Hosts, Mobile Providers, and whatnot.
    • Tom Cruise.

20. skwidge

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    OMG YES! It drives me nuts! I was just going to put those myself... Grrrrrrr