1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Bella Vampire, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Bella Vampire

Ugh, most of my friends aren't against Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual etc people, but I am scared shitless to come out. I have already came out to one friend (via text) and she was completely fine with it (she's bi too) The problem is, I don't want to have to lose friends because of my ladylovingness (as my friend who is bi says) I don't know how to come out without having a full-on panic attack. Please help.:icon_redf

2. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There is no timeline for coming out. I recommend starting with those who have been affirmative to LGBT causes first to get support. Then, you can come out one by one as long as you want. Eventually, you will gain confidence and support. Maybe you have some male friends who you can start with as it will be less threatening for you. Brothers and sisters, cousins etc? Be observant around Thanksgiving and talk about gay issues and see who responds positively. You can dip your feet in without coming out.

3. Bella Vampire

Thank you so much: it truly means a lot, I definatley am cancelling out the brother and sister part. They are irritating af, and are too young to understand a lot of real life situations. I think I might tell my guy friend soon, because I have a gut feeling he is bisexual also.

4. PositivelyMe

Out Status:
    Some people
    Definitely tell people who are supportive first; it goes a long way towards making you feel safe. One of the first people I came out to let me talk to him for an hour about how scared I was and how hard this was while reassuring me that no matter what, he still liked and cared about me. It meant a lot, especially since I was so nervous that the people in my life would hate me.