1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why some popular kids turn into screwed adults?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by edy, Nov 21, 2014.

1. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Today I saw one of the three hottest guys in high school, and I couldn't believe how bad he looked! he totally looked like sh1t! I went to my little sister's school because I wanted to see her dancing and suddenly I noticed him. He was there to collect his daughter and I couldn't believe my eyes. He looks fatter and veeeery tired, a lot older than he really is

Obviously being a single parent doesn't pay

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Most "popular kids", after high school, start experiencing a downward spiral, and are hit with a hard dose of reality. Not all of them are able to, maintain that aura of popularity, because it was just handed to them, beyond the high school environment. They might have some luck in college, but that is hit or miss, and many of them wind up, becoming a fraction of their former popularity, at best.

Many deal with this sudden shock, by engaging in reckless behavior (an attempt at "regaining their former popularity") or indulging in drugs (to cope with the loss of "their former popularity"). And some, wind up getting involved in various endeavors, many of which they only do, to get by, or perhaps, in their mind, obtain their previous status again. I suppose, any or all of these, may be the culprit behind your individual's appearance.

Also, time, can be a fucking bitch. It doesn't treat us all the same, unfortunately, nor does it , sometimes, preserve to our physical features.

3. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Actually, after Junior High (when he was very well-known and chased by girls) we met again in High school, and he ended up dropping out of the school after just few months, he was totally annonymous

4. White Knight

Sometimes life happens, you know. I think you are being shallow and insensitive. He is a single parent if I understand you right... I only applause anyone trying to give his/her best to raise their kids... hence the "looks fatter and veeeery tired, a lot older than he really is".

5. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree.

I think a lot of people on here kind of revel in any popular kids from their school becoming abhorrent failures in adulthood. I can understand if they were really horrible people, but it seems pointlessly vindictive to me.

6. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    I didn't say that because I was being shallow/judgmental, I was honestly shocked of how much he changed in only few years! And yes, it suprised me how much he takes care of his daughter, I thought he was one of those parents that leave their children on their own so kudos for him

7. Hexagon

Real life sucks, and these unfortunate popular kids haven't figured that out yet.

8. Bella Vampire

My friend wants to be one of those popular kids, and this is what I am trying to explain to her. She wont take crap about it. I have another friend who Is popular and she can't stand it.

9. Candace

Because they have no sense of how the real world works and how to take care of themselves. Therefore, they make horrible decisions due to the fact that they don't know any better.

10. Morse Code

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My mother was a single mother and had men lining up to date her. To answer your question, it's possible that popular kids get used to the world (or their school) giving them what they want so when they get out into the world and see they have to work for it, they either adjust or sink.

11. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A lot of my sister's friends who were "popular kids" in high school are now working at financial firms and start-ups and are making bank. But that could partly be because a lot of them came from wealthy families to begin with, so that helps...

A lot of the popular kids at my school are now big into Greek life at college--it's not the same as being "popular" in high school, but it does give you the same type of active social life and party culture.

Also agreed. It's one thing to see bullies get theirs, but people who are just popular? Sounds to me like jealousy and Schadenfreude.

12. shinji

shinji Guest

Let me try and push a different idea here, instead of attacking this person who none of us (besides the OP) know in person.

Could it maybe, be possible that he just has his priorities in check, that appearing successful and popular, are not goals that in his current way of life, he strives to achieve?