1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Temperatures!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Candace, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Candace

What is the hottest/coldest temperature you've ever experienced? When and where did you experience them?

Me--

118 F (47.77 C) at the Hoover Dam, Arizona/Nevada, July 2003
    5 F (-15 C) with a windchill of -20 F (-28.88 C), New York City, January 6th, 2014

2. Yosia

41C in Egypt, idk when

-14C in England when we had that really cold winter in 2012? (Im not entirely sure)

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hottest: In San Antonio, Texas: 98 deg. F (36.7 C)

Coldest: In Saskatoon, Saskatchewan: -49 deg. F (-45 C)...also worked for a local airline in Pickle Lake, Ontario, in January...don't remember the exact temperature, but every time I spent a little time outside my face froze and it became difficult to talk. Oh, and at that temperature, you don't want to be behind the prop blast of a Cessna 152...or any plane for that matter...

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the hottest temperature I have experienced was at Chichen Itza, Mexico in 2004. I don't remember the exact thermometer reading but it was certainly higher than anything I have experienced elsewhere in the world.

5. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Coldest: -20 or so, in Colorado.
    Hottest: 112 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

6. shinji

shinji Guest

43 celsius / 109.4 fahrenheit in a summer long ago, i remember the dark parts of the road were hot enough that you could cook eggs on them. The tires of cars, were literally melting. Back when they were still using those two part tires with the inner one being inflatable.

No idea about winter temperatures, as i tend to stay locked indoors during winter. As far as i can remember, the year of 2012, there was quite a lot of commotion about temperature drops. Somewhere around the lines of -29 celsius / -20.2 fahrenheit.

I am lucky though, to live in a place where we don't get too extreme temperatures, or at least not that often.

7. BlueAndWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hottest: 110F (43C) in California
    Coldest: -20F (-29C) with a windchill of -50F (-45.5C) this past winter

8. Hexagon

Maybe -12C or something like that. And about 40C, when I was living in spain on rare occasions.

9. Mickz

I used to live in Musina South Africa, the average temps there during summer is: 34 Degrees C, the hottest i experienced while living there was 49 degrees C, we were not allowed outside between 11 am - 3 PM, because of the risk of sun/heat stroke.
    Coldest was in 2005 when it was so cold, our pool made a layer of ice, I think it was -2 degrees C, I never want to experience that again, heat I can handle, clod not so much.

10. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I guess coldest would have to be -16F (-26.6C) here in Chicago. (Wind chill was probably deadly). January 6, 2014.

I'm not sure about hottest. It was probably not even an outside temperature. Outside temperature was probably in Greece though.

11. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Atleast 40c - Ibiza
    Not sure about coldest, nothing extreme though.

12. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The hottest was 115*F (46.1*C) I was interning in Kansas for the summer of 2011, it was mid July and it was in the 100s for over a week.

The coldest was this past winter with a temperature of around -40*F(- 40*C). We had actually said, lets wait until it warms up to almost freezing before we chop more wood for the wood burn. It was horrible, I didn't go to bed until 4/5 in the morning for two nights straight because I had to keep the pipes from freezing.

I gave blood the one time and the temp outside dropped to -15*F (-26.1*C) and I got so sick that I honestly should have been in the hospital, my temperature was 93.3*F (34.1*C). If it would have gone down to even 93(33.9) my roommate was going to call 911 (emergency number).

#12 phoenix89, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  13. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think it was the coldest temperature I've ever been in, but I know one night I walked a couple of miles to a hockey game in Montreal and it was -15 outside (Fahrenheight) but felt something like -30 with windchill. I stupidly didn't wear a jacket since I had my jersey on and it's a pain to have that with me all night, but my hands were so damn cold. On the way back I bought a hot chocolate just to keep them from going numb.

The hottest was about 115 in Las Vegas. I was there during a brutal heat wave...the weatherman on the local news station said something like "a cold front is coming in with a high of only 105" and I wanted to throw the remote through the TV. I handle extreme cold much better than extreme heat.

#13 mbanema, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  14. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know what the hottest has been, maybe something in the low 40s...
    I find it amusing that the coldest some of you have experienced is not very cold at all :lol:
    The coldest I've experienced is something like -42C, and believe me, it wasn't fun.

15. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am only including the days I was outside and actually exposed to the elements.

Coldest was probably this past January about the same order as Skaros said, -15 f. to -20 f.

If you include wind, it was -44 f. with windchill back one day in 1994 when he were staying at our friends' house and went out to church(actually temp around -10f). The winds were about 40 mph plus.

Hottest was probably 105 or so here one summer around 1998(as far as going outside). I was the starting pitcher for a baseball game in that crap. Of course, we had some heatwaves in 1988 too, but they are very vague in memory. All I remember is laying down on the linoleum in the kitchen, I was pretty young and not outside much of course

16. AlamoCity

Hottest: here in my city it got to 111 degrees Fahrenheit around 2001.

Coldest: March 2006 at the top of Pikes Peak, Colorado. It was maybe 15 degrees with a windchill factor that dropped it well into the negatives. The digital car thermostat went haywire.

17. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hottest: ~110F, Phoenix, AZ area, June 2011

Coldest: ~-25F, Moscow, USSR, January 1986

18. Pleione

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hottest: ~ +45°C in Turkey, I'm still traumatized, NEVER AGAIN
    coldest: ~ -16°C in Italy, wasn't that cold to be honest

19. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The hottest I've been in was 121F degrees on a massive heat wave one summer and the coldest was -10F when I was visiting family in Chicago and because of the wind it was just unbelievably cold. The coldest I remember in AZ was 37F degrees as a high a couple years ago and I had to ride my bike tht morning and it was only 30F degrees at the time and it was windy!

20. pixelfrontier

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hottest: About 48C in Monterrey, Mexico. One of the few things I don't miss from my hometown is how hot it can get during the spring and summer. We don't have AC at home either, so sleeping at night was very tough.

Coldest: -25C with a windchill of around -35C this past winter in Waterloo, Ontario. It was the coldest winter in the region in the last 20 years or so, according to locals. I always try to walk home after work since I live just about 1km from the office but this one evening we had a particularly bad snow storm and when I finished working and went out the building I literally couldn't see across the road :icon_eek:.