1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Vote For Obama!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Nodnarb, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Nodnarb

Early voting has started here in Iowa, and....my Grandpa voted for Obama!

I can't believe it!

Grandpa has always been a bit racist, so that makes it surprising. And his friends are religious conservatives(the type who believe Katrina was God's way of punishing gay people:dry:slight_smile:, who have been whispering Republican talking-points into his ear all election season. It's also big because I don't think he usually even votes.

Also, one of my aunts, a huge Hilary fan, declared she wouldn't vote for Obama. But, she recently had a dream in which Obama came to her house and told her "Everything is going to be alright, Shari. Everything is going to be just fine." Now I think she is voting Obama.

In other election news, the people across the street put up a McCain/Palin sign in their front yard. I want to put up an Obama/Biden sign, but I tried that in the 04 election for Kerry/Edwards and dad said "You do realize what neighborhood we live in, don't you?"

But they care more this year, so maybe....

2. ppreston9

ppreston9 Guest

thats awesome. yeah a couple of my neighbors have Mccain palin signs, and many other local repub signs. i want to get some signs soon and to tell these people that they're stupid

3. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    One of my favorite and most depressing things to do on the bus ride to school is look out the window and count the number of McCain/Palin yard signs in a row before an empty yard or Obama/Biden sign shows up. I think I got to five houses in a row before the sixth didn't have any sign at all.

4. Nodnarb

The unfortunate thing about living here, this area is so overwhelmingly Republican that we don't even have Democrats running for local office.

5. Noah

Yeah same here, but there has been a growing number of obama signs. Maybe I'm just optimistic

6. shakerdancee

There's two McCain/Palin signs on my street. They stain the neighborhood.

7. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are a bunch of yard signs all over my city that I've noticed. My neighbor has a McCain sign in his window. But yay! Good for your grandpa. :slight_smile:

8. HighintheClouds

Wonder whether you'll ever have these:

[​IMG]

9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Yeah Gramps! :slight_smile: I have only seen one McCain/Palin sign in my town and I live in a conservative place consisting mostly of Republicans. I've seen several Obama/Biden signs. Oregon is a blue state but most of the Democrats live on the West side of the state.

10. littledinosaurs

I'd say i see an equal amount of signs in my town, but i'm sure the town will probility vote more republican cause they're all rich idiots, but my state is blue in general so it won't matter much :slight_smile: heh they are wasting their votes.

11. Alex768

Becky I live so close to you.

Buuuutt anyways, my neighborhood is scarred with mostly McCain Palin signs as well. I think it's because this neighborhood is an uber-Mormon uber-conservative neighborhood. I don't mind McCain, but I think Palin needs to go back to spying on the Russians from her attic.

12. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Yeah, Boise is not that far. It seems like the further East you get, the more conservative.

13. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Alabama is probably the reddest state in the country. I ought not get my hopes up looking for Obama/Biden signs, but it would be nice to have a clear marker of where all the smart people live. My aunt in Tennessee (and her guyfriend) is a huge Obama supporter in a fairly mixed area, and I'd have to imagine that my lesbian aunt in North Carolina is an Obama supporter too. I don't know how we ended up with so many Democrats when my grandmother is a hardcore fundy conservative, but we did.

Anyway, my mom said while watching the debate the other night, "Uggh...[McCain] cannot be my president". She's said before that Palin would do better with a skirt and pom-poms, but she's also uncertain about Obama. I don't know how she's going to vote, honestly, but hopefully she realizes that Nader has no chance of ever becoming president and the only way to keep McCain out of the White House is to get Obama into it.

14. waitingsucks

Yay for Obama. I don't live in America so my vote actually vote count (lol) but I'd vote for Obama

only because if he wins he'll give you a much better health system like the one we have in Aus (which u really really need) and also to put it bluntly because the Democratic Party is far less crazy. lol

but seriously in politics I'm never 100% this way or that way, to me a lot of Politics (yes including Australian) is really choosing the lesser of two evils. I know many people will feel different about this and that's fair enough, just for me its that way.

ily Obama (I love you) lol lol lol lol lol

15. Nodnarb

This is strange...

My neighbor's sign is now gone.

Maybe they changed their mind?

16. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh, you don't even know the tip of it. It's ridiculous how many people over here have to file for bankruptcy because they couldn't afford their healthcare.

17. kh23172

I am definately pro Obama, and con for McCain. I think just the essence of Obama's campaign is more of what America needs.

People don't realize that every decision that is made is not the President's, nor are they always his ideas. Most of the things that Obama has said have come from the Democratic party as a whole, and that is how they chose their candidate. I think despite the fact that America obviously doesn't know a damn thing about politics, and only 3/5 of Americans vote, those who do will vote for the white guy--thats sadly how America is.

Over the years we have always been against Women, African Americans, and now more common than before, Homosexuals. It's just the way that it is, and I hate being an American because of it. Until we have a change made by the government, it will always remain that way.

Ironically though, my parents are both voting for McCain, and I believe that I am more Republican than Democratic, but that isn't saying much. The merging of the parties isn't far out of reach in my opinion. Thank god for a 5 on the AP American Government exam!

~Vote OBAMA~

#17 kh23172, Oct 25, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  18. sam bob

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Im english but I would vote for obama because you need the better health care system and some new blood in the white house

19. Apocalypte

I am Irish - if I was American, I'd vote Obama so hard rainbows would explode from the voting machine. The thought of another 4 years of crazyass Republicans is absolutely terrifying for the rest of the world.

My flatmate from last year is American (from Grand Junction, Colorado), a member of Democrats Abroad, and is postal-voting Obama.