1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When Can You Truly Say, "I Love You"?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by HighintheClouds, Oct 9, 2008.

1. HighintheClouds

I... I didn't know where to put this. In support and advice (which seems to cater to more pressing issues) or in here (which seems somewhat lighthearted for this topic). I opted for here.

But still... That's the one question I want to ask...

When can you say that you love somebody? Me and my... guy... let's say... really really really like each other a lot. But then again.. There are times when I seriously doubt that it's just liking. I mean, I can feel so happy near him. I still feel attracted to him despite.. well... his "flaws" (of which I can't find [m]any [and if I did I'd feel like I were nitpicking]).

There are times when I just find myself thinking that I could spend the rest of my life with him...

But then... we're so young.. I'm 17. He's 15.

We've known each other for only 60 days (barely two months). And yet it feels like so much longer..

Is it possible to really know when somebody really is "The One"?

This is killing me.. Although it's supposed to be good... I feel so happy.. Yet so confused... And so scared.. My mind is swimming with 'what ifs'.

I feel like just asking for help. And yet... Is there really any help which can be given to a smitten heart? Heh...

Of course, what do you people think about this? Is this just serious infatuation? Or is this something more...?

2. Micah

Love is not an exclusive emotion. By that I mean the love you share in an intimate relationship isn't all that different to the love you might have for a best friend, and more importantly, you possess the capability to love more than one person.

So don't be afraid to say you love your boyfriend. By the sounds of things, you really do love him. The love you have for him at this very moment won't be lessened by any future events. Even if you do break up at some point, you can look back on it and realise that it may not have been the love of life-long-partners, but it was still a form of love.

So I guess to answer your question of what I think: You might not know how serious the love is at this stage - but it's still love none the less, and expressing how you feel towards your boyfriend (especially if it's mutual!) can strengthen your relationship.

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Micah stated things perfectly. He figured this all out by 19 years of age. I didn't realize this until I was in my 40's. lol

4. Alexander

If you love someone, that's when you can say "I love you".

*open to interpretation*

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Brandon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I started talking to my partner a couple of months, within those months we connected just right, we became so close with each other that we started saying "Love you" each time we said goodbye. I think when the time is right and the both of you are close and comfortable to saying "I Love You" though those three words mean many things to different people.

There have been people who have said "I Love You" in a friendly way. It all depends on when you are ready to say those words, it comes naturally for some, and it may never come out at all for some.