1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Idea:If heterosexuals where a minority... The movie

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Straight ally, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    I was watching a video that presented how would it be for straight people if they where the minority, its a video with the purpouse of creating concience among straight people, and there are many videos like that, you have probably seen one...

This gave a great idea for a film: a movie about a straight guy, living in a gay world, in a homosexist and heterophobic culture(nation,state, region), that realizes he is straight and his struggle begins.

The movie should be dramatic, with a tosn of tension . It most be a movie that really grabs straight guys by the balls, an inmersive experience full of raw emotions.

A shame i'm not a film maker, but maybe i could write a novel and maybe someone can one day turn it into a movie.

Or if any of you get inspired, you have my blessing and permission of making it yourself, as long as you make it a great film/book. Im really proud of this idea make it be of worth :icon_bigg

2. Mickz

I bite YUSH for this movie! It sounds like it would be a eye opener :grin:

3. Ryujin

[YOUTUBE]3ROXTFfkcfo[/YOUTUBE]

And it's being made into a feature length film

4. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    ... it would be awesome!

5. QueHaPasado

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    You know...if anyone here is a writer but not a filmmaker, you could write a screenplay. :icon_wink

Or we could get a collaboration together. Can you guys see an EC collab?! Not sure if inspired or scared.

6. skizze

I like the purpose and idea behind the film, but I'm not sure whether portraying homosexuals as antagonists would be a good idea. Anyone with a brain would realise that the film is meant to let heterosexuals experience what it's like to be a minority, but there are enough homophobic idiots who would interpret it otherwise.

I watched that "Love is All You Need" that Ryujin posted, and while it was well made, I did think there was the possibility of people getting the idea that homosexuals would be that mean and inhumane given the chance. Maybe so since bullying is human nature, but I donĀ“t think it would do well to imply it in a film made to promote understanding of the LGBT community.

7. pennylane1988

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Watched that short film the other day and loved it. I think is thought-provoking.

8. QueHaPasado

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I think the idea is that anyone can be that cruel, given the chance. There isn't anything innate about heterosexuals that makes them rude or inhumane, it just happens that some are because they are the majority. I think homophobes would look at such behavior as ridiculous, of course, but then they might apply those standards to themselves. And if even a few people did that, wouldn't the purpose of the movie be accomplished?

9. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    The movie have to include gay people who are pro hetero rights, and that help the protagonist in its favor. It doesnt have to be a movie where all gay characters are antagonist.

---------- Post added 23rd Nov 2014 at 09:52 AM ----------

I will check it later on my laptop, ri cannot see it in the tablet.

10. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a pity they don't bother crying when the same thing happens every day to us.

It's not exactly endearing to me that people need to be shown what it's like to be bullied before deciding that perhaps the bullied are in need of help.

11. QueHaPasado

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Sometimes people are really bad at empathy...at loving others...more often than not, those are the ones who end up hurting and persecuting people. But that doesn't mean we can't try to teach them to love everyone.

12. PositivelyMe

Out Status:
    Some people
    Is "Love is all you need" seriously being made into a feature length film? Because that would be the best

13. acciocarrie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Sing it.

Same with those videos of people dressing up as someone from a minority group for like a day to "experience what it's like" ... :icon_roll