1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it wrong for Person A to like Person B? (weird scenarios)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tai, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I think of some really weird situations where I change Person A's sexual orientation and Person B's gender identity. Probably started from me wallowing in self-pity, because I'm a trans male who has a crush on a lesbian (oh, the irony). :bang: One day, I thought of this:

Person A: homoromantic heterosexual male
    Person B: trans male

Is it wrong for Person A to like Person B? They would feel romantic with the trans male, confirming the trans male's gender as their true gender, but they also feel sexual towards the person's body as it is before Person B gets a sex change and testosterone, which invalidates their true gender.

What do you think?

I feel like there's a super-simple answer to this that I'm overlooking and just making myself look like a dumb, clueless person instead.

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Is this your first crush on a woman being that you said your crushing on a lesbian ?

Wait isn't trans males males so what's the problem here if your a guy that likes a trans male even before surgery maybe you like his personally and the fact that he has male characteristics ?:confused:

#2 stocking, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  3. mangotree

I personally don't subscribe to the whole romatic Vs sexual separation theory.
    As long as they find each other attractive and have chemistry, it would work.
    It's certainly possible to be a gay guy and be attracted to a trans guy.

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I agree with this

Aren't trans men men any way I really don't see the problem here :confused:
    Plus why would this be wrong

#4 stocking, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  5. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, she was my first crush I've had on a girl. Still going strong. She's butch (I'm not really attracted to femininity).

The problem is that Person A is heterosexual homoromantic (only liking males romantically and only liking females sexually). A trans male would feel like their gender is invalidated because Person A likes their female body.

---------- Post added 23rd Nov 2014 at 06:31 PM ----------

I don't really believe in it either, but I'm making myself keep an open mind to others who identify this way. Just because I don't experience a separation between romantic and sexual attraction doesn't mean others don't.