1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

prevent secrets from spilling out during wisdom teeth medicine influence

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by edgy, Nov 23, 2014.

1. edgy

edgy Guest

What I mean is,
    do you guys know of any way I can prevent myself from saying and doing shit (or accidently come out or say i wanna have sex with Gosling) during my time under the medicine?

Your input would be nice:slight_smile:

2. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sorry late but... Pray, I dont think there is a way to stop yourself while " high" on saying or doing something. The " high " feeling takes over the mind and sometimes the body

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Eh, whatever you say can be passed off as the ramblings of a dental patient who's tripping balls.

But really, if you use your medicine correctly, it shouldn't mess with your head. I was on something very similar to Percocets after a surgery and had almost negligible effects.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One solution: Unless you actually *have* to have general anesthesia (which only needs to happen if the wisdom teeth aren't exposed and they have to cut the gums to get to them), you can do the whole procedure under local anesthesia.

My dentist's receptionist tried all sorts of ways to convince me I needed general (it's a profit center for the dental office, it about doubles the cost of the procedure.) I insisted I'd be fine with local... and the whole procedure took maybe 20 minutes. No general anesthesia, no valium, no laughing gas. I didn't feel anything because the novocaine deadened all of the pain, I didn't have any anesthesia after effects, and everything was fine.

Of course, it depends on how nervous a dental patient you are. I'm pretty relaxed. If you're the super nervous and not-particularly-cooperative type, then general might be a good choice.

5. I am Kakashi

As soon as someone says "don't think about X subject" that is all you can think about. But I'd still say try as hard as you can to just think about something else. :slight_smile:

6. CyanChachki

You may not even say any kind of secretive thing at all. When I was under, the first thing I asked was, "Did I get in a car accident?" even though I knew that I was getting surgery prior. It could be totally random like that.

Though. If for whatever reason you spill a secret referring to your sexuality, just tell whoever you're with (if you don't want them to know) that you where high. Use my story if you have to convince them. Show them videos of people who've gotten their wisdom teeth out, so that they think it was just the drug.

7. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Idk.... When I got my wisdom teeth out, I didn't experience much of a high. If I remember general anestesia, they inject you and in 10 seconds you're practically asleep. When I woke up I was so asleep and groggy. I don't think I was ever not in control of my actions/speech though. I never took any of the Valium so I was never high from that. Only took Motrin. So I wouldn't worry too much. I've been under general anestesia 3 times and it's been the same. Although, one time when I had a minor procedure, the hospital doctors put me on something, some kind of strong painkiller, when they basically stabbed this thing into my chest.... And that time I got a little loopy! Haha.

Still, everyone has secrets, not just about being gay. A large majority of the time they don't slip out. Like people said blame it on the meds if they do, nobody will know for sure.

8. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can always try to sleep off the anesthesia.

9. Melanie

Melanie Guest

When i had my wisdom teeth removed and they had to remove those little ones under the gums they put me under this twilight sort of anesthesia where i was kinda awake the whole time. i just started crying as i was coming out from being under, but there wasnt much of anything else... no confessions of any kind took place.

i very recently went all the way under for knee surgery and it was the same thing. i dont think you have a lot to worry about.

10. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd go with Valium the night before, along with nitrous oxide and local. That's what I had, and I felt fine, and not at all as if I was gonna blab out all my fantasies! Good luck, though...I'm a very nervous dental patient, and I'll take all the drugs they have to offer: I figure that's why they're there. Why be in pain? I once bit a dentist really hard on accident because I felt this very sharp pain and their hand was in my mouth, so now, they give me the works.

#10 HuskyPup, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  11. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, where is Mark Twain when you need him? Let me share a couple pieces of his wisdom:

1) It's better to remain silent and let everyone assume you are stupid than to open your mouth and prove them right

2) It's alot easier to let the cat out of the bag than to put it back in again

My advice is, since everyone expects you to feel like crap after getting your wisdom teeth out, try not to speak any more than you have to. Then only give short "yes" or "no" type answers. If anyone says anything you have two excuses either say speaking makes your mouth hurt or say you don't feel well because of the medicine.

If staying in the closet is really important to you I assume that this would be preferable to accidentally coming out then being left with "did I say that? The meds must have had me completely out of my mind", and hoping that they buy it.

12. SomeLeviathan

unless you have a ridiculous tolerance to the anaesthetics, it'll put you under in a matter of seconds, you won't remember anything and anything that you do say (unlikely given most of the point of painkiller + sedative anaesthesia is to put you to sleep) will be written off as stoned ramblings.

painkillers after though aren't as strong and just sleep if you can to avoid spilling it if you're relaly that worried.

13. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Trust me.

Talking about your sexuality, will probably be the last thing, on your mind, or out of your mouth. Each time I've had dental work done, and was given medication, all I could think about was how awesome colors felt, and what it would be like to ride the Magic School Bus.

14. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I'm just hoping I never said anything bad when I had my five impacted wisdom teeth removed. Yes, you read that right, five.

15. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Haha, I thought I was the only one who had this worry! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

That's the main reason I had them knock me out rather than give me laughing gas. The whole procedure seemed to go by in about five minutes and I felt completely coherent after waking up, though I was a little bit wobbly on my feet for a few minutes.