1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soce

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FreeFlow9917, Nov 23, 2014.

1. FreeFlow9917

So I got wind of this group after watching an episode of South Park and wanting tk rant against any straight camp bullshit. They are called Sexual Orientation Change Efforts. Their goal was to turn bicurious, bisexual, and gay people into heterosexuals through a psychologist or therapy. Thankfully their have been bans against this group and is not very well liked in some places. My question is why create a group that may cause long term affects on you mentally and physically?
    WHY?

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Because people are stupid and believe that all the negative effects stem not from their treatment, but from being gay in the first place. "Straight camps" are a ghastly practice which I'd almost put on par with Scientology in terms of insidiousness.

3. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    A group like that is still in the mentality that being gay is a choice and/or a mental disorder, or maybe even possibly demonic possession. With that, and the ridiculous belief that being heterosexual is the only "right" way to be, a lot of those people probably think they're "helping". Trust me, my insides are squiggly at the thought.

Some people are so stubbornly fixated on the idea that "normal" is this natural thing that everyone should be, and anyone not "normal" can become "normal" if they try hard enough. I think those people are the ones who need therapy.