1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Working hours.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GayTeen, Nov 24, 2014.

1. GayTeen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I'm thinking about getting a job in January after school or on the weekends. I am in high school and don't get home until around 4:30 in the afternoon.

What do you guys think would be a good work schedule that wouldn't keep me from getting enough sleep or having enough time for homework? Have any of you worked while in high school on the weekends like this before?

2. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

Oh fuck you.
    Or rather, fuck my job. And the 40+ hour week I have.

3. Jwis

When I was in high school I worked 2 days one week then 3 days the next week. I additionally worked every Saturday a full 8 hours. I generally got there at about 4 and worked until about 7. Saturday was 8-4.

4. twosoups

I have. It just depends on a case by case basis. I remember one job that was alright, but I had to quit because they had me scheduled to work 5 days a week from 4 - 9, and would call me in the other two from around 6:30 to 10.
    Most jobs I have worked for will cut your hours if you ask. At least if they are mom and pop places. I haven't worked at very many larger establishments like Wal*Mart.

5. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was High School- I used to work in a library 3 days a week. 3-6 Tuesday and Thursday. 1-6 on Saturday. 11 Hours a week. I would shoot for something 10-15 hours a week. ​

I still had plenty of social time yet, I still made some money to actually do stuff. It was a perfect mix for me.

6. Candace

I'd take a job that's on the weekends and 10-15 hours. You need social time and time to unwind so that you don't burn out in the process. In college, I was taking five classes, along with interning at a refugee center for 10-15 hours a week. I was able to do both and still manage time for socializing and having some down time.