1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

History and Some LGBT elements

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Justinian20, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Justinian20

There is a very big history featuring homosexual men and as a very keen person in Ancient History, I would like to share something I found out a couple of years ago about the Peloponnesian Wars on Ancient Greece.

If you know your history for this period, you will know that in this time Sparta defeated Athens to become the top dog of Greece and then in came the Thebans as top dog of Greece. Now how did the Thebans beat the Spartans(well the Theban army was made up of homosexual lovers) as most people would suggest, you would be willing to fight to keep someone you love alive and so this army would fight harder than the more militaristic Spartans.

In Ancient or Medieval History, I find that significantly more interesting than most other facts as it suggests that the Greeks were indeed one of the smartest civilizations of the ancient world having of course founded democracy and it is interesting that Gay Men played a little part in Greek History most notably the Theban army in the Peloponnesian Wars.

2. Tardis2020

Also worth noting, Alexander the Great was most likely bisexual, if not gay.

3. Candace

I know that the ancient Greeks had no problem with homosexuality, and Alexander the Great, like the gentleman above me mentioned, is one fine example :slight_smile:

4. Tardis2020