1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kindest Thing Anyone Has Ever Done For/To/With You?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Lengthy title, isn't it?

Pretty straight forward, still, I'd say.

Upon a little reflective brooding last night, I started to think back, on various phases and periods of my life, and during such, started to remember random little acts, that people dod to, or with, one another. Naturally, this got me to thinking, of the various kind deeds I have done.

So, what is the kindest thing anyone has ever done, for/to/with you?

Have you ever done something, remarkably kind, for/to/with another?

2. White Knight

So many to count.

Worst thing about all those act of kindness, I always came short to return the favor. This is why I believe in fate. Sometimes life becomes a tangled mess and you can't even do the simplest thing you most wanted to do... in this situation helping the person who helped or offered help to me.

I still feel shamed and hurt whenver I look back and remember my inability. While there are logical explanations to things, still I feel like I am making excuses and betrayed the people.

I probably do some kind acts but as I usually don't think them as favors/acts of kindness, I usually forget them. Hmmm... come to think of it I barely remember good things, negative or bad memories has larger place in my mind. Probably because I learned somethings from them. *shrugs*

3. Pleione

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was drunk and on my way home, walking through a dark park at night without any light.

There was this old (foreign) man sitting on a bench and (in drunken fear) I yelled at him "go away! don't touch me! shut up you creep! leave me alone! ughhh disgusting!" even though he hadn't done anything to me, in fact he didn't even pay any attention to me before.

About a minute later I fell into a deep trench which I didn't see because it was almost pitch black, guess there was some kind of construction going on.

Twisted my knee and ankle really bad and tore some ligaments so I couldn't walk nor crawl out of that trench and it hurt so much.

Next thing I remember was that stranger from the park bench popping up and rescuing me, carrying me out of that trench and calling 911, calming me down with kind words while we were waiting for the ambulance (at that point I was hysterical because of pain and being drunk).

I was so mad and embarassed at myself I apologized like a thousand times and I still remember him laughing and saying "karma's a bitch, right?". So I asked him "why did you even help me, I'm such an asshole?" and he was like "I don't know, because it was the right thing to do?" ...

yeah I guess I'm a bad person :icon_redf

4. White Knight

Nope. Alcohol brings out the worst in a person.

My dad known by everyone as perfect husband, greatest dad (as he buy to all neighbour children whatever he bought to us, he brought them to our picnics etc.), helped anyone and everyone in need... when he is sober.

When he was drunk he was the man who pulled a gun and shot his own son (luckily he missed but bullet hole stood in our room's wall like a dread reminder for a long time), broke a bottle on other son's head (this one is me) and broke 3 teeth out of his wife's mouth.

It was like a Jekyll/Hyde situation. Maybe I am stepping out of my boundaries but you might be better stay moderate on your drinking behavior. Sometimes it is too late to be sorry...

Apologize again for speaking out my place.:icon_redf

5. DrinkBudweiser

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    alcohol doesn't always bring out the worst in people. it just makes emotions intensify like crazy. if you're a naturally happy person, in an awesome atmosphere with nothing going wrong - alcohol makes for a GREAT time.

it's just when you're in a bad mood, negative thoughts on your mind, negative atmosphere, etc. is when drinking turns into a bad thing.

6. TurtleCat

Everything my parents ever did for me.

My parents were so kind and warm-hearted. :slight_smile:

7. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I think the kindest thing people can do for one another is just notice each other. There's no nicer feeling than getting acknowledged, especially by people you admire, but even when strangers do it I still think it's exceptionally kind

8. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I can recall quite a few times when people have been exceedingly kind to me, but I know I'm also forgetting a bajillion other times. Prime examples would be the girl that fought all my bullies for me in primary school, my entire grade 8 class standing up for me when 1 student made fun of me, one of my ex's friends agreeing to let me sleep on his couch after I broke up with my ex, and the district manager from my last job trying to get me transferred to a Japan branch when I thought I wouldn't get a teaching job.

The only "kind" thing I can really think of right now is when I went bra shopping with a trans friend. I feel like I should be able to think of more than that. :S

9. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

Staying with me despite me.

10. puppiesarecute

This is kind of small but I can't really remember anything else…
    This one time I was feeling really sad and this male human who I had really liked at the time was hanging out with me and a few of my friends and we were by a forest. I started getting really depressed and I had sorta distanced myself from the conversation between my friends so I figured I'd just slip into the forest for some alone time which I tend to do a lot. Btw there are forests in NYC, especially the outer boroughs. Anyway this guy had noticed that I'd seemed upset so he followed me to try and cheer me up. We ended up just talking in a tree for 4 hours about life. I dunno I really appreciated it.

11. shinji

shinji Guest

Nothing...

Well, sorry to be a downer, but... I am being honest.

Here, it's a "trait", for my countrymen to be this way, to always try and use everyone around them for personal gain. It's something that most people are used to. So... nice things, nope.

12. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    People have done kind things for me in the past, the first thing I remember now reading this is the girl I liked in high school once baked me a chocolate cake for my birthday. It was really sweet.

13. CyanChachki

When my mom came to the pride parade with me. My mom used to be a bit iffy on the whole LGBTQ+ thing but she pushed through and stuck around. Over the past few years, she's been getting used to all of it, which is great.

14. CyanChachki

When my mom came to the pride parade with me. My mom used to be a bit iffy on the whole LGBTQ+ thing but she pushed through and stuck around. Over the past few years, she's been getting used to all of it, which is great.

15. CyanChachki

16. CyanChachki

17. Justinian20

I completely agree with this as the first guy who invited me to a party that was a exceptionally kind act. I was never invited to anything by anyone and in turn that actually helped fuel my suicidal thoughts at age 15 and this is what it was, "No one cares about me, I should kill myself because no one will even notice or care."

This leads me to the next kindest act by a friend in this case. She was there to help me through my depression, I spilled every feeling I had onto her and she was a shoulder to cry on, she even helped me get out of the depression phase.

My family was kind but I consider the kindest acts by anyone to be acts that are done without anything else expected in return. I was able to return the favour for the two people, the party inviter I actively became his friend even though I was feeling attracted to the party inviter before he did it. And with the girl well that was much harder for me to do as she had helped me through a dark period of my life and so I decided that she would be my best friend at school.

18. kem

kem

Once I was on the train and a young woman gave me a small slip of paper that read: "You are very cute. :slight_smile:"

19. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Once I was travelling and trying to lug a suitcase on and off various trains, tubes, etc. I was struggling with getting down some stairs and a kind man offered to help me carry it down. I'll never forget that. :slight_smile:

Sometimes, the kindest thing that someone can do is just listen. That is the case with one of my friends - she doesn't mind at all if I tell her I'm feeling bad or confused about something. She never judges me, but she does help me to see things in a more objective way. She is one of the kindest people I've ever met.

I don't know that I do particularly kind things for others, but I suppose I'm generally polite/respectful/nice to people.

20. nativeofruby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    this one day, when I was feeling exceptionally positive, I decided to just give out random hugs at my old middle school. so I'd have a friend walking with me holding a card that said "if you need a hug, come to her!"
    I've never hugged so many people in one day, and at the end of the afternoon when there were only a few students having classes, I went to the school bar for a chocolate and this lady suddenly came up to me (I'm pretty sure she worked at the cantine or something) and she basically said: "I admire what you've done today. do you remember that girl with the orange shirt you hugged?" and I said "I'm sorry, I don't. I've hugged a lot of people today..." and the lady "well, she's having a really hard time because of her parents divorce, and that hug made her smile for the first time this week. let me just thank you on her behalf."

so, I never remembered who the girl was but I still remember the lady smiling at me and her words and it warms my heart everytime.
    I don't know if that's remarkably kind, but it's something I'm very happy about. ^-^