1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People have called me both handsome and ugly?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dblockdavis, Nov 26, 2014.

1. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well, which is it? I have been called both handsome and ugly. It's always fat, ugly, or old guys that call me ugly (I am a guy). I was told that i was an "ugly little thing", "ugly as sin", or that i "crack mirrors". Someone once said to me "thanks, beautiful!" and "hey handsome!" and that i was such a cutie. In the mirror and photos and stuff i see myself as ugly. A woman looked at a magazine cover when i was standing in line at checkout that had a guy that was listed as the sexiest man alive, and said that i looked like him and i should be acting in movies and she should get a finders fee out of my first salary! This leads me to believe that i am being mocked, and that i am really ugly or they are just trying to cheer me up. which is it? I once told a girl that i thought i was ugly, and she said "I don't know who called you ugly! you are not". This fat ugly girl once called me funny looking, unnatractive, and says "eww" in my presence sometimes. I have terrible social anxiety and no friends, so i believe that i am very ugly.

#1 dblockdavis, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  2. DrinkBudweiser

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    considering we all don't have the same DNA, brain, emotions, etc. - you're handsome to some people and ugly to others. there is no right or wrong answer to this. people like what they like. this reminds me about how women love to post those stupid ass things on facebook like, "real men love curves!" - how about no? real men like whatever the fuck they like. i personally love blondes and redheads with no soul. my best friend thinks brunettes are the best thing since jerry springer. everyone likes what they like, man.

but just as a side note, fat/ugly bitches always think they're hot shit and will talk down to anyone to feel better about themselves.

3. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd ask myself: are the people who call me "ugly" nice people, who's opinion I value and trust? If the answer is no, I think you'll have answered your question! Don't let mean people play on your insecurities.

4. lemons123

same here.

It's happened to me a lot, something like 70% compliment me and the rest 30% call me "gypsy SOB" (ok this is yet to happen BUT it will happen some day...).

also - pic or gtfo! kidding :slight_smile:

5. Hexagon

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, maybe? But remember there is much more to you, and to life, than appearance.

6. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    They are mean people that always have some sort of contempt for me. What i don't understand, is people, (particularly teenage boys) seem to smirk and smile at me. When they do this, i always think they are just trying to to burst out laughing at me. So, and they smiling at me in a friendly way or laughing at me?

7. Amerigo

i honestly don't know how to deal with compliments or put downs. bdd is a joke, yet at the same time, is no laughing matter. is a thing i can sometimes put to the back of my mind, at other times it "takes the wheel" (onto oncoming traffic) and ruins my life. quite frankly, i don't care for how my outward appearance should reflect my inner, all the while i can't deny it being the most important thing in my existence. that last bit makes me sick, i know there has to be more than just the surface, perhaps i am so disgusted with my being, my only means of having this disgust manifest is through the hatred of my flesh and bone. i don't know. the sensation of bdd is like that of an indescribable anxiety disorder (like the one that torments me daily), it feels like you're drowning, with no answers. to drown or not? if that is even the question at all...

8. Notlad

Same here. Someone the other day told me I'm only decent looking when I have facial stubble.

But other people tell me I'm very attractive. My self esteem is always in constant flux.

Just ignore the negative people. If people are telling you you're attractive you should be fine

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

The few times I've been called ugly, have been by liars, LOL.

It's been said before, but it should be said again. Some folks will like you, a few will love you, and some will not like you, and many will not care about you. That is life, you roll with it, and make due.

Besides, looks fade with time. When all the pompous and shallow individuals get older, they get lonelier, and suddenly they want the substance.

I'd rather have a personality that grows, than a body that diminishes. But, you know, that's me, and I'm kind of eccentric about these things...

10. DinelodiiGitli

Beauty is a completely relative thing.
    Example: Some people find Jackson Poulluck's paintings to be beautiful and others see them as a massive mess of ugly.

Moral of this comment; don't let rude people drag you down. There's always going to be some one on earth who finds you beautiful but what's also important is for you to see it.

11. ashtray

ashtray Guest

I think what people find beautiful may not be the same with the other and vice versa. I think though the important thing here is how you think of yourself. Even though friends of mine say that I am goodlooking or cute, I find that hard to believe because I always thought that I was never attractive. I had low self-esteem so I don't think it really matters on who you believe because at the end of the day, your opinion of yourself will carry through.

12. cuppycake

It depends on the person. For instance, blue is a beautiful color for me, but it might be a disgusting color for others. I like chocolate, but someone else detests it. See where I'm getting at?
    I doubt there's a person out there who fits into the beauty standards of all people, except for Kaiser, so keep in mind that you and I might be pretty for some, but be totally disgusting for others, and that won't change the way we look. So try not to think about the negative comments and pay attention to the positive ones ~

Although, if I have to be honest, I've never really been considered beautiful. I'm always either 'adorable' or 'cute', lol.Not that I mind, not at all!

13. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I am trying not to worry about it too much. I need to lose some weight though.

14. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

The people who called you ugly were just a bunch of asses. Even if you were ugly, no decent human being says stuff like that without good reason(and I'm struggling to think of a good reason).

15. hairdress89

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do not pay attention to those people cause they are very ugly inside,people who call other people ugly don't deserve you to waste your time thinking about what they told you...cause they only wanted to hurt you

16. Candace

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And don't listen to the people that call you ugly.You have a right to shut them out and not listen to them.

17. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Exactly. Also, looks fade; dumb is forever. Keep your mind and personality honed!

18. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I still think i get weird and dirty looks from strangers. I am also really short.

19. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Cant really tell because I have no clue what you look like...but dont take their comments too seriously

20. zkdorko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You can't satisfy everyone. Everyone has a different taste in what's handsome and ugly. Just keep rockin' YOU, and don't let others affect you. If they think you're ugly, they're the ones who have their own insecurities to be calling someone else that. It's not right.