1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do any of you have an impulse reaction like my diva overreaction to certain topics.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Justinian20, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Justinian20

Hey everyone, Yes I am a bit of a diva when it comes to specific things, some of you may know I overreact and then my diva side comes out. Especially on passionate topics like music and creativity and some other things. I don't sound like a diva at all but I can become one. Any of you people have a reaction that is an impulse reaction(like you do it without thinking).

2. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: Do any of you have an impulse reaction like my diva overreaction to certain topic

Yes! Haha I get ridiculously passionate about some things in conversations. I'm very...opiniated :slight_smile:

3. Tardis2020

Re: Do any of you have an impulse reaction like my diva overreaction to certain topic

I don't know if I would say "diva", but I'm way too opinionated on pretty much everything.

4. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

lmao I love how you are just rolling with it. Good sport.

Now regarding your question, yes, aaaaall the time, although my triggers (not the traumatic kind) aren't certain topics but rather certain types of people. I think every topic could make for a great discussion and/or funny banter with the right people. On the other hand, there are also people that could turn even the most lighthearted topic into a full-blown flame war with just a few sentences. These people come in all shapes and flavors but the ones that get to me the most are those who take a "holier than thou" attitude. These are usually people very knowledgeable on the subject at hand (or at least think they are knowledgeable) but instead of doing something productive with said knowledge they opt to use it to take a moral high-ground from where they can look down on everyone else to inflate their superficial sense of superiority. They are so above it all and it drives. Me. Nuts. They only ever take part in a conversation if there's a chance for them to patronize others and it sometimes surprises me how fast that makes my blood boil.

Luckily with time I've come to learn how to identify the signs that I'm about to lash out at someone in a rash manner and I'm usually able to stop myself beforehand. Online it also helps that it takes me soooo long to formulate posts longer than two sentences, by the time I'm done I've probably cooled off and have the good sense of not posting at all. It's much harder to contain myself in real life, but it can be done. And then there are times when some people just need to "get told" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5. heyguyswhatsup

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Guuuuuuuiltehhh! :eusa_danc

Nah, but my impulse reactions are those where I talk too much/provide too much information and don't realise until after I've talked/sent the messages.
    Everyone I talk to has a habit of providing short responses that make me ask more and more questions because they weren't specific enough. It's a little annoying..

6. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I have an extremely short amount of patience with those who generalize cops as corrupt or power abusive for my own reasons but not much else I can think of besides that.

7. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Sometimes I think of sth I wanna say but in the next second it's gone. I hate that. I really do. It makes me question my brain lol
    Or also often when I try to listen to a dialogue or discussion I'm so busy trying to understand those people and their intentions plus trying to follow the dialogue that I'm not able to say anything. My mind is not able to do that....
    Aaaandd sometimes I just miss a part of a conversation. I never have an idea where my mind diasappears lol

8. CyanChachki

Definitely, definitely, definitely. I try to keep myself calm and collected so that a fight doesn't break out but sometimes I just need to say what I need to say and get it off and out of my system and then I'm done.

9. Hexagon

I try not to do anything impulsively. There are many things, and topics, which I am passionate about, but I think before I express this.

10. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Oh definitely, like Hexagon, I'm passionate about various subjects (a lot, actually). But unlike him, I do say things without thinking of it. In fact I rarely think of what I'm going to say, it happens naturally. =)

11. White Knight

I try to pick my words carefully and be moderate about my behavior. I have a thick skin but being there showed me there are many whose don't.

Check my post count and triple it for the actual ones I made. Rest the ones I delete before pressing send button. If you feel anger rising in you while writing a post, I advice you to do the same as you might regret posting those words later.

Keep it positive and friendly.

In real life I am less succesfull about it.

12. MusicislifeXD

Oh yes. Like, especially if the topic is about human rights of any kind, and if my mom is the one talking about it as if she knows everything

13. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

I grew out of my "noob tail" through years of participating on another forum that had much lighter moderation. In that case, I realized it doesn't matter so much being right in every debate and argument.

14. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

I turn into an angry wasp when it comes to topics involving sexuality, gender, and race, pretty much.

15. DrinkBudweiser

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

i'm extremely opinionated about almost everything. i normally only get hostile over sports related topics.

16. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

Haha I say whatever I'm thinking...a little too honestly

17. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

If somebody's wrong about something and I know it 100%, my impulse is to politely correct them without consideration for the situation or feelings. "Treat others how you'd like them to treat you" and, well, I want people to inform me if I'm screwing up something. But not every situation is appropriate for criticism.

This has gotten worse since getting my police certification, because for the most part, people do not understand cops or their practices in any sufficient way and it leads to quite some irritation. So put a cute thing in front of me instead. :love:

18. One Man Army

I'm usually quite laid back and try to avoid confrontation. But there are certain topics that will get me fired up, especially if the other person/people think they are experts on the subject but are spouting crap from their mouths.

Self-proclaimed Grammar Nazis can expect to be blasted by fire.

19. Yosia

I fangirl over things.
    Including real life things too, such as romance

20. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

It depends on the topic really. I don't really get 'sad-upset' overreactions as much as I get 'angry-aggressive' impulses if the topic is triggering in some way LOL