1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy National Coming Out Day

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by queerunity, Oct 10, 2008.

1. queerunity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  2. Julien

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    On Thursday my university observed National Coming Out Day and I came out to the university.

3. skwidge

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've been trying to come out to my brother for the last few weeks now... and I keep getting put off. But, cos it's National Coming Out Day I might just have to bite the bullet :icon_bigg

Btw, brother is one of those guys who ALWAYS says "oh that was so gay"... as in, everything bad is gay :confused: and he plays rugby and is all round a manly kinda guy lol so that's making it way harder to come out to him :dry: oh well, suck it up... I may just do it tonight... hopefully :lol:

4. Amy

Amy

^ BREAK A LEG!!!!!! ^

im going to try to come out to my ex-best friend, a conservative chatholic. not many others to come out to. lol

5. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm out, but I took the opportunity to buy MOAR RAINBOW JEWELLERY. And smile sweetly at the girl behind the counter. She looked slightly taken aback.

6. queerunity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I came out to seven people on facebook LOL. I was like hey its coming out day what the hell im gay. One responded so far and was like cool haha.

7. skwidge

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok update! I came out to him... just as we came up the driveway in the car. As in, 10 minutes ago :confused: He goes "What? What are you talking about? You're queer? What?" as we were getting out of the car. Then I say "Uhh go talk to Mum about it" cos I just couldn't. Mum asked me ages ago if I wanted her to tell him for me, but I sait no cos I wanted to do it. So she said to get him to talk to her after I told him if I wanted. So I did. My brother is talking to her at the moment I think, in her room :confused:

So... if there are any more updates tomorrow morning or even tonight, I'll post them up. I have to drive him to school in the morning :confused: That should be interesting.

So yeah :icon_bigg fun fun!

8. skwidge

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well my brother talked to mum for about half an hour. Mum gave him all the details which helped him to understand. Then my brother came into my room and he was sweet as, a little shocked about it all still though lol but we chatted for over an hour about everything, then he toodled off to bed. And this morning he told his girlfriend, she was also shocked hahah but yeah, overall it went very well!

9. Cheese Love

Wellll this girl I know from school posted a bulletin on myspace about National Coming Out Day, so I replied to it and she replied back, asking me if I was "gay, bi, or straight" and I responded and said I was gay. I later found out that I had set her gaydar off at school because I had a pin on my purse that said "I Love Bears" lol.

10. cc33

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    What about "I Love Bears" gives you away? I am unfamiliar with the term...help me out. :slight_smile:

11. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

Me too. I've never heard about that...time to google it...

12. queerunity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    skwidge congrats, so your coming out has now opened 2 people up. yay.

whats this business about lesbians and bears?

13. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't even know... I'm not in the same "nation" you see.

I only have my grandparents left to come out to (my father knows, I'm totally sure... he's just intentionally oblivious to it)... and I'm not going to ever come out to them. It's not like I care about it... the thing is, if I told my 81-year-old and extremely homophobic grandfather that I like guys, he'd literally die.

I'd tell him if he asked, though. I'm less obvious when he's around, but I won't lie about my sexuality ever again.

14. Adam

I came out to one of my online friends today...we talk every day, for the past years Iv know her, and I know her better then any of my rl friends. First time coming out to anyone, it was extremely difficult but it felt soo good :slight_smile: