1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AwesomGaytheist's Black Friday report

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AwesomGaytheist, Nov 28, 2014.

1. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    While normally I hate going to the mall, Black Friday is the one day of the year that I actually do go out to the shopping center to be entertained by the lack of humanity that ensues. I'd already gotten my boyfriend his Christmas gifts online, so I had just my immediate family left to buy for.

Last night I ran to the local Kameapart to grab a couple things they had on sale: I ended up getting my mother a $60 slow cooker for $9.99 and my dad a suitcase that retailed for around $50 for $19.99. I decided on my way home that I'd stop at Wal-Mart just to see how insane it was. The line for TV's stretched all the way around to the back of the store, and there were a few local cops that walked around the store all evening. I've already informed my folks that this is a Wal-Mart-free Christmas, so I left empty-handed. At the end of the trip, I had one human and two dogs left to buy for.

So this morning, I left the house at 9:30 AM and arrived at Genesee Valley Shopping Center in Flint, Michigan at 10:00 AM expecting the worst. The last time I went to this mall on Black Friday, some hipster girl ran her fingers through my hair as I walked through the mall. I just about turned around and said, "Keep your dirty hands off me!"

I entered hell the mall and just walked through each wing to start off. I started where I knew there wouldn't be hardly anyone-Sears-and headed onward from there. As soon as I got into the mall, I was surrounded by Yoga pants. Forever 21 and Victoria's Secret were the most crowded, and I wasn't going anywhere near Best Buy. While I wasn't there to see anyone get trampled or anything, I did see two women arguing like 3-year-olds over a toaster at JC Penney.

All in all, I ended up only getting my dogs bought for, as well as a box of condoms that had been on my shopping list for two weeks. I have no idea what to get for my brother, other than scratch-off lottery tickets. Maybe he'll get a little box with a piece of paper inside that says, "I don't know."

All in all, I survived Black Friday, and and I'm almost done for the year. If you spot me in a mall, be sure to give me a wave. I'm the guy with the look on his face that just screams, "Bah humbug!"

2. BelleFromHell

My mother hates shopping and crowds, so she doesn't even leave the house on Black Friday.

I've only been to the mall once on Black Friday. I was 11 and I was buying KFC at the food court. It took me over an hour just to order and receive the chicken. Despite that, I actually want to go shopping on Black Friday one day. That 11 year old couldn't put up much of a fight, but this almost 18 year old bitch will endure any sized crowd to get her hands on SSB4 and a WiiU for half prize.

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think this event could be turned into a tourist attraction! Put them where they can survey the whole scene, heck install seats and sell tickets (all behind bullet-proof glass, of course). There would also have to be a play-by-play...

"This just in folks, the lady in the blue cardigan just knocked over Mrs. Brooks in the D+ bra department...it's looking ugly folks...purses are swinging left and right...OOOHHH, Mrs. Brooks by some miracle grabbed on to the last bra, but it was touch and go there for a moment!"

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

You can roll with me, Little One. The Black Friday crowds might be bigger than me, and they might be bigger than you, but they damn sure ain't bigger, than the both of us. Can ya dig it?

Last night, the crowds were already forming. I haven't gone to any big retail stores today, but it's only a little past 3 PM here, right now, as of typing this, so maybe I'll swing by. I'm kind of curious about this year, since last year, was kind of hectic... but, you know, when you're me, it ain't no problem! LOL.

5. fresa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Is there really so much to save on Black Friday? We do not have it (yet) where I live. Only a few stores have Black Friday offers but these are just discounts on the recommended retail price and you might get that item cheaper in another shop anyway.

6. photoguy93

This was my first Black Friday shopping experience...and I was shocked at how tame it was!

It was just kind of busy - like Old Navy had a long line and the mall at the other side of town was busy, but it wasn't crazy. Granted, I wasn't there at 8AM...that was probably hell!!!!!

The thing is that I know what I want to get and just don't go "shop."

So my purchases included hand sanitizer and a coat for my dog. :slight_smile:

7. One Man Army

Black Friday has only just become a thing here in the UK this year...maybe it was just about starting last year. There were reports that a few people got hurt and trampled, i.e. the usual British custom of queueing up in an orderly manner was abandoned.

Also, it said in the news that a lady got knocked out by a falling TV which isn't good. She will be sore for days, and she probably didn't even get the TV.

8. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I didn't go but I've never seen it get that bad here yet. I like black friday, the way to go about it is to just buy everything online though

9. BelleFromHell

Oh, Great One, what would I do without you? :lol:

10. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You couldn't pay me to go shopping on Black Friday.

My only venture out was to walk three blocks to the 7-11, to buy a cherry Slurpee.

11. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This season always makes me think that the mall really should be called the maul.

Although...what do I know? In late Dec. it will officially be 2 years since I last stepped into a mall at all, and it was probably at least five years between that visit and the previous visit. It has been years since I went near a mall during Christmas shopping season--more than ten, certainly. Part of this is simply the fact that I no longer do any gift giving, although even when I still gave gifts, I usually did my shopping elsewhere.

I did go out yesterday. I had to--I needed groceries. And while out, I went through Marshalls. Not so much Black Friday as it was checking something else. It wasn't that bad, although I supsect the hard core shoppers had done their thing much earlier. (I went in around 6.) Then to Goodwill, where they were having a 1/2 price sale on all their overpriced crap. I did find this year's Christmas cards there, though.