1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Secret Santa

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JackAttack, Nov 28, 2014.

1. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Does or has anyone done this before with work, friends, school etc?

If so what was the best and worst gifts you ever got?

Iv got one with work but its only £5 so im trying to think of something funny.

2. One Man Army

We did this where I used to work, 2 years ago.

I got a pack of 'ugly people' Top Trumps and a plastic floppy banana (tee hee.)

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I haven't, but it sounds funny. I've only done it for art websites where we just exchange drawings and It's easy since you have wishlists generally. Can't imagine how it works with real items.

4. ChameleonSoul

Everyone in my first period class is doing a Secret Santa this year. Everyone needs to get the weirdest thing that they can find for a dollar or less!

5. shinji

shinji Guest

Two times, we did this in school, because one of the girls got this "idea" from relatives who lived outside of the country. Damn i hated her...

Anyway, it wasn't a "secret" santa, so... not sure how much rules apply here.

First time i got a cheap decorative knife (i was 12 years old, and this was in school).
    The second time i didn't get anything, because the girl "forgot" to bring the present.

About this point in time, when i realized that schoolmates ≠ friends.

6. puppiesarecute

I once gave someone a laundry basket that doubled as a punching bag...

7. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've done this so many times I don't remember what I gave or got. The only one I remember is last year's for my workplace. The other assistant manager and me got each other, and we were fairly good friends. The budget was $30, I think we both spent close to $50! She gave me 2 scarves, a phone-wallet thing, a collection of fair trade teas from my favourite tea shop, and a travel mug. I got her a book about pugs, some hair accessories, earrings, mate tea, and chocolate.

8. IrishEyes1989

I'm doing it this year with a theatre company I'm part of as well as a women's group I attend. There is a $25 limit in both cases, I think. I'm going to keep it simple and buy gift cards for both. I like gift cards because they allow the recipient to go out and choose what they really want. It also takes the pressure off of the gift-giver to find something original or unique, because let's be honest, that's not an easy task.