1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What strange things did you do to hide your sexual orientation from the public eye.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Justinian20, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Justinian20

For me this is a massive story, in fact I developed myself a persona. This persona was incredibly unrealistic but with my acting ability and ability to lie about my life at will I pulled it off. My persona was that of a person who would have sex about every night and treated women like a sex object. In fact it definitely was a successful persona as most people did sort of believe that I had a girlfriend and all that junk I put in my persona, but I never did have any girlfriends or anything like that.

The thing is from that made up story of mine(my creativity is quite wild and helped me to really build this character from the ground up), Everything I've ever done is thought out and developing this character required background and a little bit of what he did.

I think it definitely worked for me in hiding myself in school and around my friends. Some of the girls saw through it but it wasn't for the girls, it was to convince the guys I was straight.

It was definitely not true as personally I was never interested in girls but as a creative guy I guess it was the combination of being seen as homosexual(which is true now, I am a homosexual guy), my creativity and the fact I was a bit scared of how people would view me that made me create this persona.

I think my creativity definitely helped in that regard, it's also helped in the other direction as well(accepting I'm gay).

I also had a couple of other things that I did to maintain a straight persona. In classes on the topics of homosexual(male) relevance and things like that I always on purposely played the devil's advocate because everyone was like all accepting and in a way, I was just like worried about being caught by the others and so I always played the devil's advocate in class discussions.(I know it sounds really uncaring and all that, but I was legitimately not wanting to be seen as a gay guy in high school).

I feel like my high school years were like a game where it was me playing on one side trying to not show my true intentions therefore I never got drunk(I thought I might say some weird stuff that would send a message to half the school that I was gay). The strange thing is though I was emotionally cold to women in terms of attraction and so if you watched me incredibly closely behind that curtain you could see that I was in fact not a heterosexual guy.

I'd like to hear what some of you did to hide your sexuality or even what you did to convince everyone else you were straight. My things are a combination of both hiding my sexuality and convincing everyone I was heterosexual when I wasn't.

2. soulcatcher

Re: What strange things did you do to hide your sexual orientation from the public ey

I did not try to hide that I was gay. So some people suspected that I was gay, whilst others did not (my best friend was a girl).

3. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: What strange things did you do to hide your sexual orientation from the public ey

I watched the movie In and Out, and the scene where Kevin Kline is listening to a tape on how to be a man, and emulating the speech and movements, I did the same thing :slight_smile:

4. cuppycake

When things around me get too 'suspicious', and people start asking me why don't I date anyone and if I like a certain guy, I tell them I don't believe in love, or that I can't be bothered with that at the moment.

5. Mickz

I had a million pictures of guys the other girls considered sexy on my phone bleh.
    I said I don't believe in having a relationship before I'm 18 :lol:
    Dated my gay friend, to hide both our sexualities derp, that didn't end well. XD

6. C P

C P

Well I didn't even know about it through school and all that so there was nothing to hide really.

I don't actively try to show interest in girls but I do play along should someone tease me about one they assume likes me/I like. I also make an occasional comment about girls/women, so I guess I do try to keep up a slight appearance of interest at least. I haven't ever really tried to 'fit in with the guys' because I never really felt like I did anyways.

Altogether I honestly try to avoid situations involving sexuality, so I won't have to do anything. I guess it helps to be more of a loner.

#6 C P, Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  7. ozgunozguven

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family

I don't hide in public, but FAMILY....

8. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Nothing really, to the people who don't need to know; just don't talk about it.

9. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people

In a way, I have never hid the fact that I am asexual. If people didn't misinterpret my seeming lack of interest towards men/relationships and assume that I was gay, they might have be able to tell. Heck! It seems that regardless of what I do, I seem to send out gay vibes to most people.