1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gossip conversations?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MissRanger, Nov 30, 2014.

1. MissRanger

MissRanger Guest

Does anyone here feel the same way?

I have an intense dislike when a conversation involves gossips about other people especially if they are very negative. Its something I don't like being a part with and it's usually so awkward or maybe even rude to dodge or change the subject. I do get that some people might gossip to get the negative things out of their system. But I do feel there are other alternatives to resolve your issues towards another person. But I'm curious of how you guys avoid these type of conversations? Do you gossip often?

2. Yosia

Depends if it gossip that can truly hurt someone. For example, i gossip a lot about peoples clothes and hairstyles etc, but I would NEVER gossip about someone with mental health issues.

You get the idea.

3. Hexagon

I never gossip. Hate it.

4. Hiems

Eh, it really depends on what you're talking about. If you're spreading false rumors and ridiculing people due to race, sexual orientation, gender identity, mental health problems, like Yosia said, then I would see that as problematic.

Most of my gossip involves criticizing professors' teaching methods. I'm not attacking them as a person, so I guess this gossip is acceptable to a degree. I talk about these problems with my peers, but I also do course evals too... especially if it's known that I will have this professor again for future courses.

5. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  6. QueerQueen

I'm not one to gossip either, if I disliked someone I would be honest about it to them, I don't see the point in telling other people. I really dislike people who gossip. I remember my friend wanted to introduce me to one of her friends and I met her and the entire time she was talking about all these people she disliked, she was naming them off saying why she disliked them.. the entire time and it was Canada day and all I wanted to do was sit and watch the fireworks with friends and celebrate, but this girl brought down the entire night for me.. not to mention some of the people she was talking about were my friends. Ugh it irked me so much and my friend wondered why I was so quiet that night haha.

7. timo

I love some gossip every now and then #sogay

It's mostly gossip about people that are in the conversation though, so they have a chance to bitch back. Which they do, hardcore. And that's what I love about my friends. :grin:

8. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whenever my I "gossip" with my friends, it's usually very non-scandalous in nature- it's more something like "did you see what such-and-such posted online?". I'm a firm believer that you shouldn't really say something behind someone's back, that you're not willing to say to their face.