1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tattoos

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by OnTheHighway, Dec 2, 2014.

1. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had always wanted a tattoo for as long as I can remember. But growing up in my family, getting a tattoo was really looked down upon (I actually got enough grief from my parents when I came home with an earring after a night out with friends).

After I came out, I noticed the LGBT community seems to have really embraced Tattoos. So, with my new found identity, and a new openness to be myself in everyway possible, I got my first tattoo.

The first was a very personal tattoo reflecting the exact sceneic spot where I was when I came out to myself. Thereafter, I got another tattoo, again a personal one, reflect ing he activity I was participating in immediately prior to coming out to everyone else. And then finally, a third tattoo in tribute to my two daughters.

Now, I am trying to come up with some new ideas for a tattoo that, rather than having a personal meaning, is something fun, creative and unique. And I would like something that is less of a Tattoo cliche and more original.

Any suggestions?

2. DrinkBudweiser

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If something is going to be on YOUR body for the rest of YOUR life, it should be 100% something that YOU want.... Not what the people of EC thinks sounds cool. Tattoos are extremely addicting but don't get them just to say that you have more ink. Or you'll end up half covered in shit you might hate 5 years from now.

3. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am not sure I asked for cool, think I said "fun, creative and unique". Originality is the key! If the creative side of my brain was more developed, I might have been able to come up with something on my own. But, alas, years of neglect lacking creative thought has left me a bit on the needy side when it comes to artistry :eusa_doh:

So all advice is welcomed!

4. DrinkBudweiser

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always thought that ambigrams are really fucking badass if you get it done by a solid artist.

5. Hexagon

I don't think tattoos have to be all meaningful, but they should be you, and I don't think I can suggest anything. Pick some imagery you like, and work with it. My next tattoo is mare fun than meaningful, and I'm getting a steampunk compass design on my chest.

6. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I got a tattoo of my birth year in Roman numerals (MCMXCVI) on my right wrist. I will say that the feeling of getting tatted for me was pretty thrilling, and I can see why people like it so much. I want to eventually get a half sleeve on my right arm, but I need to figure out what I want.

For me, the idea just hit me one day, and I loved it. The feeling never subsided, so I got it. You'll know when you have an idea you'll end up loving.

7. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tattoos just aren't my thing. I don't think they're bad or unsightly, I just don't want one.

8. shinji

shinji Guest

Something tribal with white ink. Don't go too overboard with tattoos, though...

9. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You would check M. C. Escher's drawings. Only thing that comes to mind right now.
    Maybe a flame, or a wave, something that has to do with nature...

10. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Very true, just need to then come up with something to reflect. That can be a personal message in there and make it more meaningful.

---------- Post added 2nd Dec 2014 at 04:01 PM ----------

A wave of some sort could be nice!