1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to be friends with a bully?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by joshy the queen, Dec 3, 2014.

1. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We all know how insane bullies are and how stupid but most of them turn out to be good people but trying to be
    cool
    Im being friendly and good with nearly every person in school but only this one guy he likes making fun of me and talking about me in a bad way and saying that im selfish stupid gay I'm called gay because im a queeny guy no I'm not out they dont bother to ask anyway
    So i was thinking how can i be friendly and how should i start the chat ?
    Whenever i see him he shakes his butt right and left and laughing that I walk like that i just glare and ignore

2. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

I wouldn't bother trying to befriend him, I would be more inclined to belittle and embarrass him in front of people :wink: But that's just me.

3. Hexagon

Honestly, I doubt this guy is a viable option for a friend. All you can do is be nice, and if he won't return that, there's nothing you can do.

4. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I just want to show him a good side
    I don't want it to be serious I don't want.t to be punched in the face like the old days from bullies cause being a bitch to him will just make things worst I have no friends to pprotec me or even stand up for me

5. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow a "straight" guy shaking his ass in front of a gay kid? cough closet case

6. C P

C P

I'd have to agree with others and say that this guy doesn't at all seem like someone worth pursuing a friendship with.

Not sure if this was a joking post or... .-.

7. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    sorry not sorry (*hug*)

8. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Never settle. Be friendly, don't expect anything return, and if he responds with friendliness, continue. You don't need to hold his hand.

9. C P

C P

Huh? .-. I just mean it sounds like it's done in a mocking way(the guy doing what he does). I just wasn't sure if you were following it there is all, heh.

10. CandyKing

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Do not make friends with terroists that what bullies are, instead give them a nice punch in the face.

#10 CandyKing, Dec 3, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  11. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Whatever you try is not going to work, so forget it.

12. DrinkBudweiser

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i'm failing to understand why you have any interest in making friends with a fucking prick. if you're glaring at him, you're practically telling him that he's getting to you. laugh and make a weird face instead next time. like you don't give a shit.

13. Quiet Raven

It is very noble of you to attempt this. Who knows? A friend may be all he needs to change. But also, he may just end up using you, betraying you, and hurting you more then he ever could otherwise.

It is a risky situation, and you need to be careful. Definitely don't give him your trust too early. Just try to go about talking to him like any other person first. Be friendly, and see where it goes.

I worked with some really nice people who used to be bullies. One even said the main reason he stopped is because he met a friend. People can change. And sometimes, they just need to meet the right person. If you are lucky, you may be able to be that right person for him, and he could end up being your best friend.

Good luck. :slight_smile: And remember.... Be careful.

14. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    It is brave of you to wish to try this. In practice it may be more trouble than it's worth, if this bully is only going to enjoy making fun of you. A person will only change if and when they really want to.

The best I ever accomplished was to befriend the friend of a bully (he only had one friend rather than an entourage). Bullies tend to rely heavily on back-up so I guessed that once I'd taken his friend he'd be somewhat disarmed. It worked because he left me alone after, but certainly never liked me. So in terms of stopping this one particular spell of bullying I was being subjected to, it worked. In terms of befriending the MAIN bully, not so much. Also I don't recommend this to anyone unless they're willing to deal with some potential backlash.

15. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

You call me.

After that, I can guarantee that they will be a faithful friend to you, if only out of fear.