1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To My Dearest Empty Closets...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by silentsound, Oct 12, 2008.

1. silentsound

Ok, so I know that there are a bajillion threads like this, but recently I have come to realize just how much EC has done for me over the past few months and how far you all have helped me come. Why does this suddenly hit home more than ever, you ask? Because I have been busy as hell and unable to get on the internet that much... and I don't miss you. I enjoy being a part of EC and getting on when I can, but I don't need that time as much as before because I am comfortable enough with who I am that I don't need that constant reassurance that it's ok.

I came to EC with a very uncomfortable understanding of who I am and with an acceptance of myself that was actually just resigning myself to something that I knew deep down I couldn't control. So I showed up here and I started talking. I started letting my insecurities show and putting my thoughts and fears out there. And a funny thing happened: the more I talked and the more I found people who were going through the same stuff I was the less I obsessed over it all and I could suddenly breathe.

In almost two months to the day it will be the one year anniversary of my "oh shit I'm gay or something!" moment. I stand here now, ten months later, and being gay is not the first thing I think about when I wake up in the morning or the last thing I think of before I go to bed. It crosses my mind throughout the day without panic or embarrassment or fear. I even came out to someone about two months back, and even though I am in no hurry to be out, I don't think I could have ever taken that step in the state I was in before coming here.

So, I know I'm rambling, but thanks EC. Without you I never could be where I am right now. Please don't think I am saying goodbye, because I will be around forever if I can. Just... thanks, you really flipped on the light in my closet.

Love you guys,

Silent

2. Ronnie92

We love you to Silent (*hug*)

3. Eponine

I'm very happy for you. EC has pretty much done the same for me, although I haven't come out to any additional people yet, but I very much want to come out now, compared to my pre-EC days where I certainly felt that being gay was a burden. I certainly don't feel that way now, at least not nearly as much.
    But anyway, I don't want to steal your thunder or anything. I'm still very much happy for you and hopefully things can only get so much better from this point on for you! :slight_smile:

4. silentsound

Don't worry, my Thunder is quite intact =P

5. SpacerX

that's really cool, wish i had found this place a year ago!

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Its always good to read posts like these. Thank you! :slight_smile:

7. shakerdancee